Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 29 January 2015

Relaxing with my Journal!

Following a bit of a hairy meeting in my capacity as a director here at our retirement complex I was in definite need of relaxation this afternoon! I decided to combine it with  couple of challenges where I had been inspired by what I saw!
I also used a technique that I caught on TV the other day -
I swiped Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed and Bundled Sage Distress ink pads over my page horizontally and vertically to make a check effect. I loved the effect that Ali Reeves from Stamps Away created and I was almost as pleased with mine.
I stamped over the whole of the page with one of my favourite text stamps - the Paris one from TH's Attic Treasures using Bundled Sage and Antique Linen. I then used a Crafters Workshop Random Specimens stencil using up what was on a couple of applicators(shades of green and probably Worn Lipstick!)Next for a bit of texture I rubbed on some streaks of crackle paste and some through a random circle stencil.   
  When it dried it was time for a bit of shine - I bought some Viva Inca Gold paste in a lovely shade of green(Jadegreen) some time ago but had never used it - I knew it was creamy as I had already opened the Aquamarine pot for something else(and I still have a pink to use)I love the way it stuck in the crackle.
So, turquoise on some and green on the others.
I then used the same text stamp and Potting Soil archival ink over parts of the page and the dots!
At this time I was beginning to relax and decided that I wanted to add some plant life! As it happened the stamps that had been sitting unmounted on a spare dining chair since before Christmas finally got mounted this week - they are two lovely sets - from Crafty Individuals - CI-423 and CI-395. I had some plant themed pages from a gazetteer and I punched to some circles and sprayed them with water and Walnut Stain Distress Spray.
I bet you can't guess what the sparkly little circles are from -I had some old sentiments from Craftwork cards that pop out to use on cards and these are cut from the empty sheet and rubbed over with Peeled Paint distress ink.

The quote by John Ruskin is from a very old set from The Stamp Man and I stamped it onto a crumpled up piece of waxed food wrapping(rescued from the bin of course)which I had also rubbed over with the green Viva Gold
So here is the finished page
A little Vintage Photo around the edge of the page finished it off - and now I'm feeling relaxed!

I would like to enter 
the Country View Challenge - Use some thing new to you(The ink pad technique, the stamps and the Inca Gold!)
The Artistic Stamper - New beginnings (there are signs of new growth on the plants already)

I would also like to link to Brenda's Visual Journey where Brenda is wanting to see our journal pages to share with others
She says "This is not a challenge it is just for fun but it's a great way to see what others are making in their journals around the world whether it be an art journal, visual diary or sketchbook and whatever medium or style you choose."

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Helen said...

Chris, the page is gorgeous - love that background stamp too, haven't used it in, forever! Hope you're not snowed in.

Artyjen said...

Lovely arrangement of elements. xoxo Sioux

Neet said...

I love it - it looks fabulous Chris.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Ruth said...

Lovely soft layers, the shimmer and crackle is beautiful, gorgeous journal page Chris. Ruth x

Pamellia said...

Fantastic job Chris! Love your use of the crackle! Fabulous journal page! hugs :)

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative challenge this month :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful page, I love your techniques Chris. The vintage greens make the page feel calm too. Xx

Redanne said...

What a great way to relax and what a fabulous result Chris, your page is stunning! Hugs, Anne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love the gorgeous background layers, and the texty bubbles are a fabulous addition. So glad it made you feel better after your horrible meeting - ahhh, crafty therapy! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges and at The Artistic Stamper.
Alison xx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the layers Chris and the depth you have achieved with them. The crackle and inka jadegreen circles add great texture and this is a fabulous backdrop for the plant life spots. Thanks for linking to a visual journey and I'm so glad you got so crafty relaxation after your meeting.
hugs Brenda xxx

Jennidee Mills said...

Love your crackling. i can't seem to get mine to work that well. I'll have to keep trying.