Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 4 September 2014

Dreaming with Dragons 'Y and Transport'

Oh! When this challenge at Dragons Dream came up I felt a sinking feeling at first - then remembered seeing something early one morning while at the caravan last week! Here is my tag-
so now you know what I saw…..
The background is a combination of distress inks allowed to run a little before blotting. I then used some linen texture stamps to make clouds! As you can see the morning light has become a sunset light getting bit obsessed by sunsets - help!)

Now, if you are old enough you may remember a 1953 film called The Yellow Balloon - I wasn't allowed to see it at the time but have seen it several times on TV, it stars one of my favourite actors, Kenneth More and was quite a scary tale of a young lad whose friend had an accident while chasing a yellow balloon, the villain makes threats to him as he is aware that the lad has seen him murder someone else!

Anyway, my balloon is flying over the crags and off up to the Lake District - a much cheerier thought! 
The balloon stamp is from a Prima set which I stamped onto the tag and then onto a piece of card that I coloured yellow and cut out the top of the balloon to stick over! I drew in the birds with a fine pitt pen. The crags are made by masking off with ripped paper and using black soot distress with Walnut Stain around the edges.

Linking to Dragons Dream TIO 174   Letter Y and transport
and to The Artistic Stamper September Challenge - Autumn Colours as although my theme isn't Autumn I have used Autumn Colours

Thanks for looking, Chris

7 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous tag, it's always great to see some balloons in the sky. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

Sarah Anderson said...

fab tag Chris, really, really fab

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This challenge seems especially hard, since you have both a letter and a word to contend with. However, you seem to have created this one in superb style.

Nope, too young to see or know about the movie, but it sounds scary and fun. Nothing scary about your tag, though. It's downright gorgeous.

Joanne said...

I love your interpretation of what you saw

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Chris, this was a brilliant post for me, i you tubed the movie and you only get to see the first 9 mins,till the accident, I'm yearning to see it all, love old British movies. I've alllllllways wanted to ride in one, we don't have many in Ontario, so I LOVE your tag, your sunset is SPECTACULAR!!!, the seam binding matches perfectly, the rope added is great like one of the ropes of the balloon,love the flock of birds, how exciting it would be in that balloon with it flying over. your tag took me on quite a journey thanks for that... ((( BIG HUGS )))

Ruth said...

What a great tag, the colours are so pretty, the texture you've created so effective... and the sunset photos are beautiful. Ruth x

Rika said...

Fabulous tag, love the balloon