Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 26 July 2014

Journal page - Kate Yetter inspired

Oh! So much inspiration on the Paper Artsy blog this week with Lynne Perrella stamps being used on many of the projects! Some will have to go on hold, but couldn't wait to get back home and try this one. I didn't get much chance for crafting with our pre-teen grandson around! Not that I'm complaining - I really enjoy our conversations (except when they are football related!)

I already had some paints in spray bottles so grabbed those first - then made one up using my new favourite - Autumn Fire.
I pretty much followed Kate's method (see hers here)
and came up with this.The stamp is different, I grabbed a stencil instead of sequin waste. I couldn't resist doodling around some of the drips too though! 
Hoping for a cooler night and more sleep so this is it for now.

Thanks for looking, Chris

Linking to Paper Artsy

10 comments:

Darcy Marshall said...

oh I really like that doodling around the drips, makes it really stand out and look more like an illustration, nicely done.

Julie Lee said...

This is beautiful, Chris! I love that LP stamp and Kate's idea with the dripping is fabulous! What with the heat, my mum having a new bathroom fitted and Kevin's sporadic visits to do our kitchen - oh yes - plus me starting a 6wk online course, it's been really difficult getting round to all my favourite blogs! Here I am though and really impressed with this gorgeous journal page - it's inspired by Kate but very much your own! I love your journal work! xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Gorgeous subtle colours, love the doodling too. x

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, absolutely gorgeous drippage, and the doodling really makes it pop - fabulous! Love the LP you've used, and she's beautifully tinted.
Alison xx

Helen said...

I love this page, Chris - the doodled drippage is fabulous - looks like an octopus!

Redanne said...

Love your amazing dripping and stencilling and the LP image is beautiful! Anne xx

Annie said...

What a fab journal page Chris. I love this technique. So kind of you to share the link.
Have a great week
Annie x

Sharon said...

This looks stunning and I love the stamped image! Thanks for visiting my blog too!

Kate Yetter said...

All I can say is...LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Sarah Anderson said...

Fab page Chris, just fab!!