Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 29 July 2013

and r-e-l-a-x!!!

Last week was bit frantic - for bit read lot!!! We survived the heat and a fly infestation( which seemed to be over most of Morcambe Bay)- my grandson counted 36 houseflies in our caravan one night. Thank goodness the weather cooled down when it rained and less got in each day until it was only one or two! We also had more visitors than we've ever had in one week - all welcome of course but we had been becoming used to the solitude up there!! Two of our visitors were my grandsons(cousins) who set each other off with giggles on a regular basis!
So….we were quite tired by the time we came home on Friday! Saturday morning we sat and watched a whole Saturday Kitchen - never done this before as we have always been going somewhere - very relaxing - as was the chance to play in my journal! While we were away I did manage to doodle in my 'Art Doodle Love' but that is still up there waiting for me!
Here's what I came up with
 Background already started-magazine cut out placed and painted around, some more stencilling using silver paint, a combination of stamps(Artemio and Artistic Stamper)and a little bit of journalling around the head.
In complete contrast
Background again already started - a mop up page, lots of scraps and a Lost Coast dictionary stamp.
I also made a quick card while away...
.for one of our visitors to take away with them!
I'd like to enter the Artistic Stamper Challenge - Ladies Day
Hoping now to catch up with some of my favourite blogs, sorry if I don't get to you this time - I have tried to leave comments on some blogs using my phone but they seem to disappear!
Thanks for looking, Chris

2 comments:

Julie Lee said...

Lovely journal pages and a gorgeous card: I love that stamp! Julie Ann x

Words and Pictures said...

Sounds like a full-on weekend of entertaining (including houseflies) but I love the pages you found time for. The silhouette one is so full of atmosphere, and I love the Paris in Springtime feel of the second. Great card too - what a lovely image. Lovely to have you play along with us at The Artistic Stamper.
Alison x