Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 31 March 2015

12 Tags of 2015 - March

Well, our holiday is booked but I have had to wait 2 days to get my hands on the computer where I had downloaded my photos ( or is that uploaded? Dunno!!)
So, my version of Tim's Tag - girly colours - I have been making a few bits and pieces for my Grandaughter so pink and turquoise again!!
I used Picked Raspberry and Tumbled Glass Distress paints here with just a tiny bit of Picket fence
I do love butterflies - truly, and so does my GD, but this new (to me) set - Classics 16 - not only has a pear on it but this really cute bird - I know I will be using this a lot!!!
I really loved making this, a really interesting technique (look here for Tim's Tutorial)and one to try in the future with different colours and pastes.I used a combination of Silver and some Aged Aqua Frantage
I rubbed some Picked Raspberry paint over the word band….
…..and on the little heart and the top of the pin
Errm - she may not get this as I've just noticed that the pin has MY age on it!!

Oh! and the holiday - not till June - we are off to France by train, stopping off in a few places before going to stay with my (ex)SIL and BIL! 

Entering late in to Tim's 12 tags of 2015 - March

Thanks for looking, Chris 

ps You can see my DT piece for TIOT here and there's another exciting day tomorrow - please call back!!!

8 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous gorgeous tag, will check out that technique!! And I can't believe you're that age!!!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Checked out the technique! Ended up buying some distress paints and finally got my hands on that stencil :)

Meggymay said...

A beautiful tag Chris, love the silver details and embossing.
Yvonne xx

Artyjen said...

I felt sure you would buy that stamp set ;) Love that bird image and the letters look just like molten metal....super.
xoxo Sioux

Margik said...

Very beautiful tag, Chris! Love the fantastic embossing and all lovely details.
Mar xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I took time out to see Tim's tag. Nice, but I like yours better. I even like your bird better. Is embossing (with powders) making a comeback, or has it been around forever, and I just failed to notice?

Words and Pictures said...

Totally scrumptious take on the March tag - the pink and silver is fabulous with the subtle touches of turquoise, and I just love the bold pink lettering on the WordBand - terrific tag!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

A truly gorgeous version of Tim's Tag, I love the soft tones and feminine feel xx