Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 17 July 2018

T Stands for..........taking in the sea air..

Hi everyone, is this year whizzing by or is it just me feeling as though I've missed some days?

As I said on Sunday we actually had some rain last week  - the caravan garden was very happy and we hope that there is more today, although we are at home now and also expecting rain here!

As it rained in the morning on Friday we went for a walk in the afternoon - we couldn't decide where to go and in the end it was too late to go far, so Morecambe it was!

Having parked the car near the shops we walked past (and into some) before heading down towards the promenade! 
Hubby didn't express his wish to go to the Rotunda so when it comes to TSFT I'll tell you what we did!

You may have seen some of these places before - both here and on lovely Jo's blog.


We started quite close to the Rotunda - no sign of the Lake District  through the mist!
All along this are there are railings.
Here is the Rotunda seen through one section.




 This story was told over three section of fence


Something a bit less morbid...




There was a couple sitting on a bench to the left so I didn't get a good shot of the Cormorants.
 Nearly at the end of the railings now and we looked out over the bay
 Morecambe is quite rightly proud of it's bird installations - we love to watch the waders, especially in Autumn and at the moment there are lots of seagulls around

 We ended our walk close to where we had parked the car and walked past the statue of Eric Morecambe who was born nearby.


Here is a link with a little about Eric and his partner Ernie Wise
Their Christmas special programmes were the highlight of Christmas TV programmes for may years and I still laugh when I see clips! I'm not sure whether you can access them outside the UK.

 I had forgotten about these as we don't often walk this way! 
Now, it's time for T stands for Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's. Talking of time whizzing, TSFT is 5 years old today and Thanks to Elizabeth's hosting is a great place to meet up every week and share our drink related posts!
As I said, we didn't go to the Rotunda. It was only when we got back to the caravan that hubby said...(imagine sad voice) "We didn't go for a coffee", so on Saturday when he came to pick me up after the workshop(more coming soon) I suggested we go to Beetham Nurseries for coffee.
See the happy face!!!
I didn't intend eating all of my Key Lime Pie but it was so delicious I ate it all!(and suffered later)

Elizabeth asked on my blog whether I had ever made a journal page without stamping...I had to go a long way back but...I found one..from November 2017...
...and I have made another to celebrate the birthday!!
I used a bit of under paper, some gold washi tape,a piece of yellow Turmeric teabag, a little bit of infusions sprinkled deli paper and an image cut from a magazine that I edged with distress ink. I added some chit chat stickers and spattered everything with bronze paint and then sat on my hands!!!

I am adding this to Art for Arts Sake at AJJ.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

I still have a lot of blogs to catch up on so a lot of time hugging the computer coming up!

Thanks for looking, Chris



22 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This year whizzes by for sure! You are right!
I LOVE the awesome new teapage - stunning dear Master ♥ host
of Art Journal Journey in July! Applause for you!
And it's always a pleasure to see your hubby giving his charming smile!
I really would love to visit Morecambe once - it seems to be a fantastic place!
Thank you for the lovely photos!
Happy T-S-F-T Anniversary T-Day my friend!
Hugs, Susi

johanna said...

awesome contribution to ajj! and i like the birds on the fence (ugh, even a bird of prey in action;))
happy t-day party week!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal pages, new and old! Morecambe is indeed a lovely place, we used to go there quite often when we were living in St Helens and Liverpool. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm impressed with the decorative fencing/railings! And the views. You always get good photos that give me a sense of the place :)

That pie looks tasty. No wonder you couldn't resist! Happy T Tuesday anniversary.

Linda Kunsman said...

I do remember Jo's postings of Morecambe-it looks like a place I would love- rain or shine! I love how hubby is now offering styled poses:):)Love your journal pages celebrating the T party- especially the bottom one with the specks of gold. Happy T day!

Helen said...

I love those railings, what a great way to decorate them rather than leave them plain. the desserts you both enjoyed look gorgeous! you can't beat Eric and Ernie... I still love them too

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your photos of Morecambe are amazing and I love how you told the story with the bird fences - perfect! Thanks for including the link to my page too, so kind 😁. The coffee and key lime pie looks yummy, hope you are ok now though. Such beautiful pages for T Day, I love the sparkle and shine, they looks so beautiful and opulent 😀. Sending you Happy T Day wishes and enjoy the rest of your week too! J 😊 x

Gibby Frogett said...

Yep time sure is flying - and just over 5 months till Christmas :)
Love your photos Chris - all those bird themed railings are fab.
I am so envious of you having rain and my garden plants etc are even more envious ha ha. We have 10 fans all over place 9 have been on and off for weeks and not made that much difference :( roll on winter!
I love your fabulous AJJ page and theme today.
Gill xx

Mrs.B said...

Like you I can't believe how fast this year is going!
Lovely photos of your visit to Morecambe, the railings do look fabulous.
Two great journal pages Chris, love the sparkly under paper, waste not want not!
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an impressive post. I had never seen the fences before and you did a fabulous job showing them in photos. The depiction was quite realistic because life is often filled with anxiety and death, especially among the stronger of a species. But for the most part, those were fabulous shots of the fences and the bird installations, too.

I remember Jo's post about Eric Morecambe. That's a really famous statue, and I remember seeing it on others' blogs, too.

Had to laugh that you had trouble finding a journal page where you didn't stamp anything. I swear, if it stands still long enough, you'll find a way to stamp it.

Of course, this is the absolute PERFECT journal page to help celebrate our anniversary T party. I loved that you had to sit on your hands, because I KNOW you would have loved to add some background stamping. I was truly impressed with the piece you made, including the tea bag and your under paper. Recycling at its best. It's an incredible entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey, too, dear.

I laughed, then coughed, then laughed again at T as he waited with his grin for you to take the photo of him and his pie. Not sure what he is eating, but that key lime pie you suffered through looks incredible. I also enjoyed seeing your Americano and his what looks like a cappuccino. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos of Morecambe, your fabulous journal page, and your pie and drinks with us for T this Tuesday.

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos of your walk in Morecambe, the bird fences looked amazing and so did the view of the bay.
I am pleased you were able to have a delicious treat at the garden center and your hubby looks like he was enjoying the cake as well.
We had more welcome rain last night, the gardens are needing it so badly.
Happy T day Anniversary wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

Sharon Madson said...


What a fun walk! I enjoyed every photo! How neat that they have the birds along the railings. So fun! And your coffee and pie looked great. My hubby loves key lime anything! When we girls stopped and ate and the Cheesecake Factory, I brought him home key lime cheese cake. Oh, he loved it!
Happy 5th T Day Anniversary!

My name is Erika. said...

Chris I don't mind seeing any of these views again. The bird art at the beach is so amazing. And I am always ready for a beach walk, especially on a day where the weather is a little more dramatic. (Or so it seems in your photos). And that is a super T day page. I love the photos of the place setting. Makes me want tea and maybe a pie of your husband's pie. :) Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I find Summer seems to fly by and Winter just drags on and on. which is why I don't complain about the hot and humid weather we have been having. At least you don't have to shovel hot and humid. Loved the birds on the fence. The hawk catching the bird rather sad for the bird. Or circle of life has Himself would say to me. I like the murmuration of starlings the best. The key lime pie looks delicious and your hubby looks happy, indeed, to have the starring role on your blog. Happy T Day!

jinxxxygirl said...

Chris i always love when u take us out and about...T day Anniversary hugs!deb

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hi Chris. The T party is over and the names of the players have been thrown in the pot. I was surprised there weren't more UK players. It's really obvious, you will be paired with Yvonne. It is up to you to get her snail mail information. Thanks beyond belief for making this a lovely T celebration.

craftytrog said...

Lovely photos of Morecombe Chris! We've only been up there once, and I remember Eric, but not the lovely bird art.
Love your page too!
Alison xxx

Dianne said...

Oh what wonderful photos of Morecombe! Love the birds on the fences...so beautiful and fun...well, maybe not the hawk catching a meal, but you know what I mean. ;) beautiful art you've created for the T anniversary too...happy belated T day! ♥

Rita said...

The pie looked delicious!
Loved all the various birds on the fences and in the flower beds--LOL!

Kate Yetter said...

Glad I am not the only one! I turn around and it feels like it is Christmas again. Ugh! Your pictures are beautiful. That one of the beach from the upper platform reminds me of a scene in Persuasion. So lovely! And that pie looks amazing. No way I could turn that piece of deliciousness down. ;)
Happy Tea Day a Day Late,
Kate

sheila 77 said...

I loved seeing the photos of Morecambe having never been there. It's always good to walk along a prom and be near to the sea. The bird railings are stunning and what a surprise to see the hawk in action.
I laughed when you said you didn't mean to eat all the pie - it's funny how that happens and quite impossible to have just one square or two or.... of chocolate.
Lovely art with your tea page and well done for not stamping just this once - or twice. We do love our own techniques, don't we!

Lisca said...

Yep, it goes really fast. Especially the summer months usually fly by even faster.
Thank you for taking me to Morecomb. I love to see those birds on the fence and the bird statues and birds, birds, birds! Fantastic!
Yes, I remember the shows of Morecomb and Wise. My dad used to love them and he would laugh so much! Bless him!
That pie looks really nice. You know I have never tasted key lime pie for some reason I have never come across it. I'll have to put it on my ever growing bucket list.
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca