Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 15 July 2018

Am I dreaming?

Hi everyone, we are back from our caravan visit where we did actually have some rain! It was only for around an hour all told in two separate showers but the air was a lot fresher! 

I attended a fabulous workshop yesterday, courtesy of Rowantree Crafts in Carnforth! Jenny Marples and Elizabeth Robinson were a great team and showed us how to create and decorate a wrap around journal! We all had homework and I'll show you mine when it's got a bit more done!

I don't know whether it was excitement(I carried on working on mine until quite late last night) or whether it was the heat but I didn't get a very good night's sleep..I was still wide awake two hours after getting into bed and that is where today's Journal page for Art Journal Journey comes from! 


I used lots of AALL and Create stamps on this background...
...which I made by scribbling onto my acrylic block with Distress Markers and spritzing!

Definitely a case of 'Art For Arts Sake'!

Thank you so much to everyone for your support and I will get around to visiting as soon as I can!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Helen said...

LOL! hope you get better sleep tonight, but the resulting page is great. Look forward to seeing your journal when you've finished it.

Cath Wilson said...

Love the effect of that background - really ethereal. Just goes to show that sometimes we don't have to add colour all over for it to look good! Great page. Glad you enjoyed your workshop :-)

Cath x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad you got a bit of rain. It's still hot, windy, and dry here. I'm so glad you enjoyed the workshop. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labors.

I am in love with this page. I LOVE those stamps. They are incredible. But I also love how you colored the paper doll and her hat. WOW!!! It's an absolutely perfect addition to your theme at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page. Glad you had a goo weekend, hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Still no rain here but has been promised today although not too sure with those blue cloudless skies above again!!
Love this page and how you have created a scene using the stamps, especially love Tracy's heart used like a Balloon. The sentiment seems fitting for every waking hour for me at the moment.. Fabulous page Chris.
Wishing you a fabulous week Hugs Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

Of course a case for Art for Art's sake dear Chris and a wonderful page on top of it all - this background is stunning and how you used this lovely stamps and the lady is just delightful! I think it was just the excitement that you didn't sleep! Great that you finally got rain! The garden will love it! I am so looking forward to this wrap around journal.... you made me more than interested!
Another wowser for your AJJ collection and I visited the links and follow this artsy girls now, pretty blogs. Thank you!
Hugs, Susi

kathyinozarks said...

A beautiful page! I love this one hope you get better sleep tonight-hugs

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great page and sentiment, Chris - lol. Thank you for the background technique idea. I absolutely love your stamps! Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

You may be tired but it sounds like a good reason to not go to bed. When it get on a creative roll, go for it. Your page is great! I love those vertical stamped designs. Hope you manage not to fall asleep during the day while you are doing something else. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Welcome home! Pretty pastel page. Can hardly wait to see the wrap around journal! :)

craftytrog said...

Beautiful page Chris! Hope we get some rain soon too! Xxx

Meggymay said...

I love the quote you have added to this fabulous page Chris.
It sounds like it was a super workshop. I hope you will be showing us what you were making soon.
we had some welcome rain earlier today and it was very welcome.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

It sounds like you had wonderful caravan visit! Glad you enjoyed your workshop and your page is so beautiful with the colourful background and black stamping 😁. Have a great day! J 😊 x