Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Quickest page ever??

Hi every one! The weather is on a temporary cool down here - kept thinking we might get some rain but none so far!
This morning, amongst other things(preparing the living room for further painting, making a couple of Birthday cards and a New Baby card) I started a journal page!
I had some mop up paper that I just couldn't throw away or continue using! I stuck it on to a page in my A5 journal with gel medium!
That's as far as I got as began to feel unwell, my blood sugar was a little lower than I would like so we had a coffee, and I sat and watched TV, fortunately Leonie was on Hochanda TV using some of my favourite  AALL and Create stamps, so I sat and picked up some tips..and didn't move much after that, had some lunch and then sat and watched Leonie's second show. 
Finally around 5 o'clock I felt a lot better so finished off the cards and looked at what I had started..I had totally forgotten what I thought I might do so I took a Paper Artsy stencil and used Snowflake Fresco paint with a sponge, turning the stencil a little each time.
I added part of Seth Apter stencil around the edges and a sharpie pen to create some faux stitching. 
I just couldn't resist a little bit of text stamping around and about the flowers(now, stop that giggling Elizabeth!)
The words came from one of my TH word books.

It is my latest Art For Arts Sake page at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page! Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

what a great page! I love that JoFY stencil.

My name is Erika. said...

I love using mop up paper and even kitchen rolls on my backgrounds. Why throw away some gorgeous scraps? Glad to hear you got your blood sugar back on track and was able to finish off your page. I am enjoying your challenge this month even though I haven't been around for a bit to join in. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey Chris, I can see you tried, at least! But since I'm so glad to read you are feeling better, I will chalk it up to getting well. This is a fabulous entry, and I thought the background would be the shining point, but not so, since those flowers are out of this world. This made me so happy because I fell in love with it AND you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey. You chose a perfect theme, dear friend.

Jeannette said...

iam sorry to hear you are feeling not good,iam hope you a feeling better.
your page is amazing,love the dark backround with white flowers,beautiful,love it!
wishing you a nice day.

hugs jenny

froebelsternchen said...

Gosh Chris! Take care of you! Good to hear that at least your blood sugar level is back on track with the help of art and Hochanda TV! I adore this page - what a fab idea to stencil white flowers ! I must remember this for a darker background! The page looks just so artsy and perfect to me! And this all started with just a mop up paper!? Unbelievable!
Another stunning inspiration for Art Journal Journey!
Thanks a lot dear Chris! You are a wowser as host again!
But please don't overstrain yourself!
Big hugs and have a very happy day!
Hugs, Susi

Cath Wilson said...

And it turned out so prettily, Chris - love it! Adding white really does lift a darker page. Love the fact that you used a mop up page- it's great to recycle our rubbish, lol.

Hope you feel better today. You're obviously busy and it has been very humid, so you take care of yourself!!!

It's rained here a few times... very heavily in short bursts - it did make a big difference and now it's much more pleasant.

Take it easy and get better soon.

Cath x

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is a very striking page, and l love that you started it off from a pice of mop up paper. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well due to your blood sugar issue, but glad to hear you took care of yourself. Thansk for you your recent visit to my blog and blessings!

Meggymay said...

I love this page, a super way to use the mop up and it looks fantastic.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Super page! I'm the same I just can throw lovely mop up bits and pieces away either ...lol 😉. Hope you are feeling better now! Take care and have a great day! J 😊 x

craftytrog said...

It's a great page Chris! Glad you're feeling better now.
Happy weekend,
Alison xxx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I'm trying to make time to visit the T-ladies on other days. I'm just blown away by what I'm finding. Love this page, Chris. Glad your sugar came into line. It sounds like you know exactly what to do.