Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 13 July 2018

In the garden for Arts sake!

Last weekend we did a bit of weeding, and a lot of sitting down, reading and sipping on something cool!
We enjoyed the birdsong and watching the blackbird stealing the blackcurrants!

I made another page for Art Journal Journey and it was inevitable that I would include flowers at some point - as the topic of the page is only part of the reasons for Art For Arts Sake!


I used one of my favourite techniques - gesso plus distress crayon plus water plus stamping! I drew large dots with the Distress Crayons and then rubbed them with a dampened finger. 
Only thing is I forgot to take any photos after this one..
I think you get the idea though...the flowers and the crackle on the page are Visible Image stamps which I 'coloured' with white pen.The main white flowers are AALL and Create Tracy Evans stamps as are the words I added. I couldn't resist adding some little dots(you may have noticed...I have a 'thing' about them!)

Thanks for looking, Chris
A scheduled post - fingers crossed

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, great background. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

great circles! love the finished page Chris.

Marjut said...

Beautiful!

Meggymay said...

Nothing can beat getting your fingers involved in the colours of a page. A great backgound and a fabulous page.
Enjoy your weekend.
Yvonne xx

Redanne said...

A stunning page Chris, love that finger technique, it looks amazing and the flowers, as always, look so beautiful!! Hugs, Anne xx

froebelsternchen said...

A beautiful page- I love the monochromatic look and all the lovely detail! A wonderful way to start a page - I will try this - looks fabulous!
Happy weekend!
Your inspiration amazes me so much!
Love♥♥♥ Thank you for your wonderful job as a host this month!
Susi

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, a new technique to try! Wow! I was sorting out my watercolour crayons yesterday, too...h'mm! Hope I get chance today...

I love this page, Chris, so muted and yet colourful at the same time.

Have a lovely weekend :-)

Cath x

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful I love your page Chris

craftytrog said...

It's a lovely page Chris! I've been spending my days watching the different birds visit our birdbath. A couple of Jays the other day, made me so happy!
Alison xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My dear friend, this is genius. Making circles like that, then filling them in with stamps is wonderful. Have you ever created a page where you did NO stamping (grin)? This is another PERFECT entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey.

My name is Erika. said...

Oh wow Chris. I love these muted and cool colors. Great page for a hot day! Hugs-Erika

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great pages and great technique tips, Chris. I love your little dots too. Hugs, Eileen

Let's Art Journal said...

Another stunning page! The colours and flowers looks amazing - I love it 😁. Sending you happy and creative wishes! J 😊 x