Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 19 July 2018

Bee transfered!

It's okay everyone I'm not talking soccer!

Thank you for all your get well messages - it wasn't so much of an illness just my body objecting to not having enough sugar!! I'm back on track today and managed to finish a page I started before we went away.
It started off with torn book pages - I had a little bag of bits where pages  hadn't been used fully so only had to use a couple of full pages. It is in my 10" x 10" journal so I needed quite a lot!I stuck them down with Matte multi medium and allowed it to dry.
Next came a wash of Paper Artsy Fresco paint.
I'm glad I took a photo as I had forgotten which colours! The paper wrinkles a bit when wet but once dry gives a nice texture - I tried to vary the amount of paint I put on too so that in some places more text shows through.
Once the paint was dry I spread matte multi media all over my chosen image and pressed it onto my page - I used a brayer to get out as many air bubbles as I could and as you can see caused couple of wrinkles.
I then left it to dry overnight. This is not a quick process!
The next morning I spritzed the back of the image and rubbed it gently with my finger..
 It came off really easily and when I had removed most of the large pieces I removed the rest of the paper fibres with a baby wipe(a dampened cloth would work just as well).
Whoops! I could hardly wait to get stamping on it that I forgot to take a photo - here is one of Paper Artsy Scrapcosy's butterflies.
Today I added some Paper Artsy Kay Carly stems from EKC08, bending some of them on my acrylic block  before stamping. I used a blend of Glass Blue and Cerise Translucent Fresco paint to colour the flowers.
I love the hum of bees in the lavender, and we have had quite a few this year!
Finally a quote from Lin Brown(ELB06)

I am entering at 

Paper Artsy's Transfer challenge

Moo Mania and More Butterflies 

Country View Challenge - In the Summer Garden
and of course ....
for my theme 'Art For Arts Sake' at Art Journal Journey

I would also like to remind you that or Add A Quote theme at Try It On Tuesday still has a few more days before it closes

Thanks for looking, Chris

19 comments:

Helen said...

what a gorgeous page, really love the Kay Carley stems and the bee is wonderful.

Meggymay said...

A stunning page Chris, I love the blue shades of your super background layers.
the stamping is lovely as well.
I hope you are feeling better today.
Yvonne xx

Redanne said...

This is such a beautiful page Chris, I love the beautiful bee on the flowers and your background is wonderful! Hugs, Anne xx

Lucy said...

This looks great, Chris!

Lucy x

My name is Erika. said...

I love the images you used on this journal page. It's beautiful, and I think we should all thing great things are coming as your quote says. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Another beautiful journal page. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Absolutely stunning! I love your wonderful charming page - such a great natural scene and I am happy you showed the skillful process with the fabulous image transfer! And how beautiful you added the fitting details to the page is thrilling!Was this a laser printed magazine image?! It worked really well! And I love how you coloured the lavendar. What a fantastic entry for your Art for Arts's Sake theme at Art Journal Journey and thank you also for lonking this wowser to Moo Mania & More dear Chris! Much appreciated!
You amaze me with your perfect and inspiring hosting again this July! I am sorry to have not so many entries this month as I have so much going on here. No bad things - simply the normal chaos and summer life.
Happy to hear that you feel well again!
I wish you a happy start of the weekend!
Hugs, Susi

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

One of the hardest and most time consuming backgrounds is the one you created. Getting all those bits of book pages to fit perfectly is a chore. And that bee transfer is out of this world. Those are fabulous techniques and I was very impressed with the beautiful outcome. It's a perfect entry for your theme at Art Journal Journey.

Annie said...

What a fabulous background Chris and I love the butterfly and bee x Perfect nature make x x Glad to hear you are feeling better too xx
Huge hugs Annie x

Rita said...

Love the saying. Love the page.
Glad you are feeling better. :)

Let's Art Journal said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! Wow, what an amazing technique and thanks for sharing the process you followed - I love the results 😁. The quote you used is one of my favourites too! Happy Friday and wishing you a wonderful weekend! J 😊 x

Craftyfield said...

Delightful page and perfect for our Country View Challenge! Thanks for joining us this month and good luck in the draw.

Jeannette said...

oh my goodness,your been lavender page its absolutly stunning!
i love the soft blue and the beautiful dreamy lilac lavender,your paper backround had wonderful soft textures,really love it!
your theme for ajj is so wonderful,i have so much fun with this.
happy rest of the week,dear chris.


hugs jenny

craftytrog said...

It's a beautiful page Chris, the transfer is lovely! Thanks for sharing your process too.
Alison xxx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love the colour of your background with the lavender and that little bee. Thanks for sharing the process photos. Love the quote too.
Avril xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Beautiful page Chris - I love the imagery and quote - and the transfer was fab.
Gill x

Rosie said...

Im in love with you gorgeous page.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Have a wonderful week

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love this background, Chris. Thanks for sharing all the details. I sure wish I could get Paper Artsy stuff ;-(

Monika Gulyas said...

What a fabulous page!!! I love how you created the background with those book paper pieces and fresco paints!!! And your theme is just perfect for our July challenge at the Country View Challenges!!! Thank you for joining us!!!