Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Papers. papers, papers!

I know that a lot of you are still having very hot weather but I am pleased to say that for a few days we have had it a little cooler, and even though the forecast is saying it will get hotter later this week it has made a nice change!

We have a new theme at Try It On Tuesday where we would like you to Use Book Paper(or magazine or newspaper) in your entries.
I had a page in my A5 Pink Pig journal that had leaked through some inks - I stamped over the page with a Carabelle letter stamp.
I selected two pages from my box, one from my lovely King Arthur tales and another from my old college nutrition text book!
I stamped out my image - a Paper Artsy Lynne Perella one and a word stamp from Visible Image.
I tore them down to size and mounted them onto black paper which I tore to make a border
I wanted to pick up on some of the blue in the background....
 ...I dabbed Blueprint Sketch Distress ink onto an acrylic block and spritzed and painted both pieces of paper...
..and left the face uncoloured for contrast.
I cut out some randomly cut hearts and added them to the page.

I hope that the brilliant samples the design team have made inspire you to take part this time, as usual the challenge runs for two weeks.

I would also like this to be for my 
Art For Arts Sake theme at Art Journal Journey
and
the Distress It theme at The Artistic Stamper 

Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I love this fabulous page and it inspires me to use my Lynne Perella stamps soon again! They are so beautiful and you used them in your own magical way! I have to say that your art never fails to please me, this is brilliant - I enjoy your hosting at AJJ so much! Thank you dear Chris! Hugs, Susi

Rita said...

Love your page Chris. Really striking and those stamps are brilliant. Hugs Rita xxxx

Annie said...

Love the pages Chris x Great background and those LP stamps are the perfect choice x It has been nice to have a drop in temperatures but I do prefer the sun to the clouds, which we have had this past week.

Sending my best wishes
Annie x

Rosie said...

An amazing page, love it

Jeannette said...

oh my! this is a brilliant page,love the white and black touch,i love this tiny hearts and the lynne perella stamps,beautiful!
have a nice day.

hugs jenny

Let's Art Journal said...

Such amazing pages! I love the way you used the book paper with those beautiful stamps perfect 😁. It's been a bit cooler here too. Wishing you a lovely week! J 😊 x

Joan said...

Stunning page Chris, love the stamped images and all the layers. Still boiling hot here although it's quite cloudy


Joan x

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Chris, love all the stamps you used and the book print layers.
Still hot here.
Yvonne xx

Helen said...

I wish I could say it was cooler here! Great page, with those fab LP stamps!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely stunning, Chris. I love this page and those stamps are perfect on your book text. Most impressive. I love it and was glad you are also sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey.

Mrs.B said...

This sis such a striking page Chris, and I love how you've left the face uncoloured.
Avril xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is striking Chris, I love the way you have used the ink to wash over the pages leaving a little untouched. Fab contrast making for a wonderful page.
Thank you for sharing.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

My name is Erika. said...

Cool page Chris. I love the stamped image and how you used all the letters in the background. Hugs-Erika

Marjut said...

Great page!

sirkkis said...

Awesome page! Love the composition and images.
Have a nice time xx

Dianne said...

saw this on Instagram, and loved it! I really admire black and white compositions, and of course Lynn P. images are always so cool. You've put it all together so well- the text, the black accents, it all works so well together. ♥

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Fabulous page, Chris. I loved reading how you worked it out: from the ink that bled through to a super page that works with the bleed. (Me? I would have grabbed the white gesso -lol.)The Lynn Perella stamps are wonderful. Sadly, they're not available in the U.S.

You kept your old college nutrition text book?! Now I'm really impressed.

Hugs, Eileen

Gemma Hynes said...

Great page, lovely image. Thank you for joining the challenge on The Artistic Stampers blog.