Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 14 July 2018

It's all black and white!

Hi everyone, we  should be still at our caravan when this is posted!
Rain was forecast before we came away so hopefully everything is a bit fresher!

Now, what do you do when you make an absolute mess of a page? I sometimes just gesso over it and start again, but on this occasion I had stamped an image that I couldn't get to release from the page and it double stamped - an absolute mess but half the page had a mop up from a stencil I had used to make some gelli prints! I found said gelli print and trimmed it down!
I used a part of a Woodware seedhead stamp to stamp around the edge of the gelli print. 
I then stamped both seedheads from the set onto the page, I also turned the stamp slightly and over stamped to give a bit more depth - I knew the leaves would not show....

.....so I had stamped the leaves onto black paper using Fresco Snowflake paint.
Once I had stuck on the leaves I added some more of the edge of the seedhead around the page.
I then spattered on some silver paints and stamped one of Alison Bomber's Paper Artsy quotes onto black 

So, one page rescued!!

I am linking to Art Journal Journey for my theme Art For Arts Sake

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Helen said...

you'd never know! it looks fantastic. Hope your garden got some much needed rain... still none down here (Kew was looking a bit parched today; the grass anyway)

Cath Wilson said...

That's a great salvage, Chris but I love the result. Black and white is so striking and I bet the silver paint looks stunning over it. I've missed that seedhead stamp, too :-( but it looks absolutely great. I have a small one I used to use for edging that I found again this week and is out on my workspace for using! Fab work. I'm impressed.

I hope you're having a lovely, sunny time - I've just been to visit Granddaughter and it's been a gorgeous day here...watching tennis in the sun :-)

Enjoy your weekend!

Cath x

froebelsternchen said...

This is a fantatuc result - so clever again! You never cease to amaze me with your ideas Chris! This is a brilliantblack and white page! I never get good results with just black and white.

Happy Sunday!
Hope you got some rain for the garden! We had some rain and it became a little bit less heat!
Another stunner for the Art for Art's Sake collection!
I love your theme and your hosting!

Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

If you hadn't said, this could look how you first planned. It is a fantastic page Chris.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Everyone is absolutely right Chris, no one would have ever known. I sometimes think the best of our creations are made from the biggest of mistakes, this is a cracker and would make a great print out for a card. Fabulous!!
Hope you got some rain to water those plants, we are still waiting on ours..
Happy Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

kathyinozarks said...

An awesome rescue Chris! Your page is stunning

My name is Erika. said...

I think you rescued this page perfectly. The black and white is stunning. I get home today and tomorrow it is back to make some art. Hope all is well hugs erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This was a brilliant way to save your "mess." It certainly doesn't look like a mess to me and you saved it perfectly. I love the black and white theme. It's incredibly unique and I am so glad you chose to share it with us with your Art For ART'S SAKE theme at Art Journal Journey.

Is it true? Have I actually caught up? YEA!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great save, Chris! I enjoyed reading this right after I had just struggled through a page. I loved what you wrote in a comment, "It’s funny how sometimes the page tells YOU what to do!" So true! Hugs, Eileen

Little Artbee said...

Black and white has its own magic and you played perfectly with it. Great composition.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, you rescued your page beautifully! The black and white colour palette is so striking and the quote is perfect too 😁. Enjoy your week! J 😊 x