Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 3 July 2018

T Stands for....two walks!!

Hi everyone! It really is so hot at the moment so we have been staying in a lot keeping cool and catching up on some household tasks.

Last Thursday though we had to get some shopping, so decided to call at Styall Mill for lunch and a little walk. 
 We walked our usual route backwards as we had started downhill at the restaurant so saw things from a different angle!

 We heard a cracking noise and saw this branch had fallen off and into the river!

 There are other Gunnera plants around but these are HUGE!!
 We walked along the path back to the car park...

 ...past the Apprentice house....

 ...and the village church.....
....and the last little path up to the car park.

Today, another quick shopping trip and we went in a different direction that took us first to Dunham Massey.
Our plan to miss the heat of midday went slightly awry as we had some distractions!
As you know my choice is always the gardens but Dunham also has a huge area of woodland and deer reserves. 
The deer are usually kept away from the public in the rutting season but during the rest of the year they roam freely!


Hubby got much better shots of the swans...as Dad went off across the pond Mum and babies followed....


A young stag behind a very stag looking log!
He wasn't afraid of me as he chewed on some very crispy leaves!
He headed off to join his friends in the shade.
Hubby's shot shows a very hot deer - I wonder what he would say if he could talk!
 This Coot made me laugh at it's antics pulling out and repositioning the sticks until happy with the 'nest'
 A small Mayfly came to see me!

 I think I have showed you this oak tree before - one side looks dead but there are green branches on the other side!

Then it was off for a coffee and do the shopping!

Now, of course I took photos of our food and drinks didn't I?...No..totally forgot...it's a good job I have a journal page to show you...so I can join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday!

I made this a while back from a whole load of things - some from various places we have had coffees..so there is part of a paper cup, some wrappings from sugar and chocolates that came on our saucers..and some cards I bought ages ago! There's also some beans looking dots! I also had a good time picking off the paint from the tops of my metallic paints to make some shiny embellishments ...a case of Art For Arts Sake - my theme at Art Journal Journey.

It has taken a while to write this post as my BPV has returned and using the computer is a bit of a trial - I will get to visit you though even if I ration myself to 15 minutes a time!

Thanks for looking, Chris


15 comments:

Helen said...

I love the pics of the swans... the gunnera certainly live up to their giant billing... they're taller than me too at Kew. am distracting myself from the football, can't bear to watch....
Fab journal page.

Let's Art Journal said...

Im glad you are staying cool and what great walks! The views are stunning and I always enjoy walking in the shaded woodland when it's so hot. The deer are amazing, you got really close and I smiled about the deer shaped log ...lol 😉. How wonderful that the mayfly popped by to say hello 😁. Your journal page is wonderful too, I love all the layers of papers and coffee related pieces from the packaging - perfect! Happy T Day! J 😊 x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

An interesting "backward" look at Styall Mill, Chris. A different perspective can be refreshing. I hope your heat wave ends soon. Almost all the T-ladies have commented on awful heat this week.

I love the swan pictures. Swans always bring "Swan Lake" to mind - both the music and the ballet.

An interior designer coot - lol

I'm glad you had that coffee journal page in reserve. It's a lovely page. Sorry to hear the BPV is back. It's so disconcerting to feel that way. Hope it subsides soon.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

kathyinozarks said...

Wow you have the neatest places to take a walk-I loved everything, all the wildlife, the ducks, geese-all wonderful I would have enjoyed watching the duck build her nest.
we suffering from very extreme heat and humidity here too-have to get things down outdoors before 11 am or earlier.
Love your journal page-Happy T Day stay cool hugs

My name is Erika. said...

I love your photos. It's crazy hot here in New Hampshire too and I have avoided walking. It was 25 degrees C here at 6 AM this morning. So I will walk precariously through your photos. :) And another beautiful page. Fun that you turned your drinks into a journal page. happy T day- although I am sur by the time you read this it will be Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous reverse walk through Styall Mill. I had never heard of gunnera until I read about them on Helen's Kew posts. These were incredible images and photos.

The photos from Dunham Massey were also enjoyable, especially the deer and the swans. I also liked the photo of the trees on either side of the roadway. You certainly live in a very beautiful area.

It's always good to have a journal page to fall back on when you forget to take photos. It's got everything you need to have a great art page AND celebrate T Tuesday, too. Thanks for sharing it with Art Journal Journey AND thanks for sharing it for T this Tuesday, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, you went for some beautiful walks. That poor deer really looks too hot. Great journal page, too. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

What amazing photos of your wonderful walk - love them all! Thank you for sharing and those page is fantastic - all the materials you have used - so different and you brought them together into such a homogenious unity.
Love the embellishments from the tops of the paints! What a fab page!
Happy T-Day and happy Art Journal Journey dear Chris!
Have a great day and please keep cool!
Hot here as well!

Hugs, SUsi

craftytrog said...

Such wonderful photos of your walks Chris, and I love your arty page!
Alison xx

Linda Kunsman said...

brilliant photos of your walk and all the animals, trees, swans and such! Your collaged page is wonderful-I love how random bits can work together so nicely. Happy belated T Day!

johanna said...

like you, hot weather makes me stay inside. love your photos of the walk and the deer and swans:) your journaling page is a great mix of stuff, matching wonderfully together. have a great week:)

Sharon Madson said...


Thank you for sharing your walks with us for T Stands for Tuesday. Talking of rutting season, we went to Estes Park, the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park last October and it was rutting season. We heard them all weekend from our cabin, and on our walks we had to be careful not to run into them. I will have to share my photos on my Blog sometime. Sorry I am so late to stop by. Have a great week!

Rita said...

Both were such interesting, beautiful walks.
Pretty page, too. :)

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous photos Chris from your walk. Its a wonderful page as well.
Belated T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoyed both walks :) I seem to favor woodland trails in my walking and yours provide so much variety! It is hot here, too, and I sympathize with the deer. Happy T Tuesday here on Thursday. So late!