Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 12 July 2018

F.A.S.H.I.O.N!

I have used another image from that Fashion mag! My lovely friend Patty (some of you will remember her from her blog) is now on Instagram and recently has been making some fabulous collages with some of her own backgrounds and all kinds of images! I have attempted to emulate her style to make this page.


I started by using Distress Oxides randomly through a stencil then sprite a little to spread the ink a bit. I then use the protractor stamps by Bipasha at AALL and Create.
As you can see I had a little assortment of scraps that I had rummage around for!
Once again - I forgot all about taking photos but as it is collage it is very dependent on which colours you have to bring it all together!
I added some doodling and then stamped the words 'Bold and Beautiful' - sorry can't remember where this stamp was from!
I used a Tim Holtz Snarky word quote too

Of Course I am linking to Art Journal Journey where I continue to make 'Art For Arts Sake'!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

9 comments:

Neet said...

That is fabulous! Not heard of your friend but I am going to look her up now. This takes me back to the sixties and I love it!
Wish I could do collage like you do - love the feeling of white space you appeared to have left- very clever stamping.
Hugs, Neet who ways "yes" to a future in Carnforth xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic fashion page, bright, bold and beautiful. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

An awesome fashion image for your super page Chris. I had a smile at the words you added.
Yvonne xx

Little Artbee said...

That looks pretty good dear Chris. A very dynamic and extraordinary page. I like your background made with lot of fantasy. All is perfect.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

PS: Thank you for the Link to Patty's wonderful Artworks. I missed her Art so much. I have no Instagram and could not find her. It is amazing what she created the last time.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is a fab design Chris, loving how the white space frames all those layers. It's as if all those saved bits and bobs were meant to be together.
Love how the font flows on that stamp too!! Super page.
Creative Hugs for the weekend.
Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

I love this design - a stunning page - you have always the perfect hand to bring all together! Adorable!
Thank you for Patty's Instagram- I just follow her on FB but FB is generally so boring for me that I rarely visit. Instagram is much better and more interesting to visit! Thank you!
And THANK YOU ♥♥♥ for yet another fantastic entry to your amazing theme dear Chris!
Happy start of the weekend!
Big hugs, Susi

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Chris, I love the image! xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is an amazing entry for Art Journal Journey. It certainly has the surprise element, but also the way all the pieces come together in an almost monochromatic way. I'm really loving your theme at Art Journal Journey and wish I was up to making more spreads right now.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page! Your lady looks very bold and beautiful strutting across you page ...lol 😉. I love your background, you always have the best stamps - the protractor stamp is amazing! I hope you are having a lovely week! J 😊 x