Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 29 September 2016

Role model!

I think this will be my last chance to join in with Elizabeth's Back To School theme at Art Journal Journey.
I still have ideas buzzing around so there may be more schooldays to come in my journal in the future!
My page is about someone who influenced my teaching, a much loved lady by all!
She was my eldest son's Year 1 teacher and I was also privileged to have worked alongside her for a term.

The photograph here was one of many taken on this day…by other parents who were preparing themselves for her retirement.
Sadly my other two boys did not have her as a teacher. One comment from a parent was that her classroom was 'like a cosy nest'. She made everyone feel special!
My son is there right by her feet, partly hidden, wearing a blue and red jumper.
The background was made by sprinkling with Paper Artsy Infusions and spritzing with water, then using Seth Apter's 'Timeless' Stencil Girl stencil.
I stamped some Carabelle Studios small stars and a bigger star and inked the edges of the page, photo and quote( a vellum one I have had for ages) with Ground Espresso DI.
Finally I used a gold pen to colour in some of the small stars.

Thanks for looking, Chris


  

18 comments:

Little Artbee said...

Very nice page dear Chris, and a very good background decoration. I like it much.
Dear Greetings
Sabine

Valerie-Jael said...

How wonderful that you made yet another beautiful page for Elizabeth's challenge -AJJ says thank you! Have a nice evening, Valerie

Helen said...

fabulous page with a lovely photo full of memories! see you Saturday, am just about packed!!

Meggymay said...

I think I have caught up with your fantastic pages Chris. This one is super, its good when we remember the teachers who taught our children.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a touching and heartwarming story and photo. Your teacher friend would be proud of how you spotlighted her today. It's a genuine beauty and those stars are incredible!! You stamp so well! I wonder if you ever get tired of me saying that!

OK, I'm nosy. I want to know what you and Helen are up to this weekend! Guess I'll find out later, though.

My name is Erika. said...

That's a great tribute page Chris. And I love the old photo. I always worked in a different school from my daughter so I never had a chance to work alongside her teachers. Its great you got to do that. Happy end of September. It has been a great theme, hasn't it? Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just read the question you left at the yearbook post. I'm laughing because that image came from a magazine and was probably well before my time. You are the second person who thought it was from MY past and not a magazine. Thanks for asking, though.

Brenda Brown said...

What wonderful memories of your teaching experience and your children's learning experiences. Your page reflects the feelings you have for this great teacher, it looks fabulous xxx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page full of memories - I love it! She sounds like a wonderful teacher and the page is a lovely tribute to her and your son :-). Wishing you a great start to the weekend! J :-)

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely page you created Chris made all the more special by sweet memories.
That Mark Twain quote is perfect too.
oxo

froebelsternchen said...

Wow.. what a fab background and the photo is nice!Good teachers are a gift of heaven for our kids! I like that you made yet another page for the Back To School theme Chris! You rock!
Thank you very much !
oxo Susi

Mrs.B said...

A great page Chris and I love the background, a great tribute to this much loved lady.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

Such a lovely page to celebrate some wonderful memories. Great teachers are never forgotten! Hugs, Anne xx

Words and Pictures said...

There's nothing like an inspirational teacher - what a great way to celebrate those exceptional people who alter our lives. Lovely page.
Alison x

sheila 77 said...

I very much like how you have made the background with these colours and the squares and stars. It's a great tribute to a good teacher, we always remember those.

chrissie said...

Such a great photograph and showed off so well with the beautiful background

Love Chrissie xx

Zue said...

Some teachers really stand out, dont they?
Your son was really lucky to have been one of her pupils.

Thank you, Chris for looking at my blog post.

Have a great Sunday.
Sue xxx

Seth said...

Loving that background!