Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 2 September 2016

Second on the 2nd

I love revisiting posts on this day - organised by Bluebeard and Elizabeth at The Altered Book Lover.
A lot of the blogs are ones I didn't know at the time of their posts and it's good to be directed to something they might likes to see!

My post is only from two years ago but shows a favourite page in one of my journals.

This post is from 1st September 2014 
I've been having some journal fun again with my new Paper Artsy stamps by Darcy Wilkinson - Eclectica EDY10! This page started out as a bit of a mop up which then……oh! you know how one thing leads to another! If you saw my post last Wednesday you will see that I was going to cover some of it with torn paper but decided in the end to use PA Fresco paint -Inky Pool. The latest addition was using some Artemio Flowers and text from Darcy's Eclectica EDY10 and Archival Black ink.
The flowers were stamped onto white card and coloured with a water brush using the two colours I used to stamp them - Adirondak Wild Plum and Stream.
I stamped an extra flower and then 'fussy' cut them all out before intertwining the stems. Since this was such a joy to do I couldn't resist adding the Joy stamp(Lost Coast Designs)

I am scheduling this post so fingers crossed that it works!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, glad you showed it again. Have a fun weekend, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is definitely a beauty. I like everything about it, including the very colorful fussy cut flowers with their stems that intertwine. Thanks for sharing it with us as your second look on the 2nd.

I'm going to link this for you since you are gone.

chrissie said...

A wonderful page and so good to see it again

Lov Chrissie xx

Barb said...

Oh Chris this is gorgeous. The background is beautiful and I love those lovely flowers. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Halle said...

Love the dimension you created on this page. So glad you re-shared it today because it's the first go round for me. :)

Darla said...

The page is so colorful. Joy indeed!

My name is Erika. said...

That mop up sure ended up being a gorgeous page Chris. So vibrant I love it! Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Sandy said...

Gorgeous - love all the colors!!
Sandy xx

Krisha said...

What a beauty this page turned out to be, and I do remember it from last year.....but great to see it again.

Words and Pictures said...

I don't think I saw this at the time, so it's wonderful to have another chance at these gorgeous florals in their rich jewel hues. Love the depth created by the darker elements in the background.
Alison x

Helen said...

this is fabulous!

Margik said...

A lovely page, the flowers and colours are very beautiful!
Mar xx