Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Which will you choose?

We have a great new topic today at Try It On Tuesday! You can choose which way you want to go, or choose both together - it's Fire and Ice and the Design Team have some amazing examples to see here! There are also a few rules so do take a look!

I made a Christmas card (as you do in January!)
As you can see I voted for mainly ice but as I am craving some sunshine with all the grey skies we are getting I added a corner of one of my favourite stamps!
The coloured parts of my Winter Greenery were cut from a large piece of card I had been testing my (very old) Distress Stains. Most of them have turned out almost the same colour! As you can see I sprinkled some water over them to get a variation in colour.

I put some Distress Oxides and  Distress Ink on my mat and spritzed them.
After running the card through them and then a bit of drying and dabbing I added some silver acrylic paint with some rolled up paper towel.
I didn't want too much showing through.
After cutting out some white 'greenery' I stamped the stag on the card and arranged the undergrowth.
 He is from one of the first Sheena Douglas sets I ever bought.
I added some stickles to the greenery.
It was at this point I just had to add that sunshine - it was such a grey day when I made this card!

I would like to enter my card at:-

ABC Christmas Challenge - Letter A is for Antlers

That's Crafty - Feeling Blue Challenge

Looking forward to seeing which you choose!

Thanks for looking, Chris

28 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, it really looks frosty! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Very beautiful design. Charming colours.
Wishing you a happy day 💙

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the way you created the 'greenery' ...lol 😉 ... and added the sparkle with the silver acrylic paint - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy and creative week! J 😊

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris, the 'greenery' has a real frosty look to it.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Yes, I can have a frosty shiver looking at you card Chris, however it is a fabulous winter scene you created and it is a great stag stamp you used.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow oh wow, Chris. I absolutely adore the card you made. The details and the ice made me shiver. I love that you used that die so effectively, too.

Carol said...

Great card!!!!! I should start mine now too. I always wait too late and then I'm rushed and edgy and don't get as many done as I really want. It will be hard to top your card though so I won't even try ♥

kathyinozarks said...

Chris I love love this amazing card. It is just sooo beautiful. and thanks for showing us how you made it

Divers and Sundry said...

I like how you added that sunshine to this frosty winter scene. I don't like cold weather as much as warm, but sunshine makes it better :)

Lula said...

Love you frosty card Chris and a bit of a golden sun made me smile!
Happy, bright rest of the week!
Lula oxo

Helen said...

wow, that greenery looks so effective in frosty blue and white!!

Joan said...

Lovely wintery card Chris, very frosty colours too, like you I need some sun to brighten the grey skies so your sun peeking in the corner does just that on your card


Joan

Rita said...

What a lovely way to recycle--the die cutting, I mean--LOL! :)

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!!! xox

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Loving all that frost and shimmer Chris, fabulous way to embrace your TioT DT piece. Thank you for also sharing with us over at That's Crafty & bravo on starting on your Christmas cards... it's never too early :))
Warmest of Wishes Tracey x

My name is Erika. said...

You really made a nice icey card Chris. Looks like my world because we have ice covering everything today. You did a great job at making it look like real ice. :) Great new challenge. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A wonderful card

chrissie said...

A very beautiful card with a great mix of everything you used. Feels icy to me when I look at it

Love Chrissie xx

Annie said...

A fabulous card Chris and I just love the details, especially the pop of colour on your top left corner xx Great Stag stamp too.

Sending my best wishes
Annie x

froebelsternchen said...

So utterly beautiful Chris! AMAZING!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Chris!! I love the background and the deer and icy foliage is fabulous! A beautiful winter wonderland! LOVE it :-)

Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
Luv
Lols x x x

Unknown said...

Love the deer! Beautiful colours x x

johanna said...

absolutely beautiful. i can feel the cold... (though we have a spring-like day here) great dies, must look out for them.
have a great week:) johanna

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Such a beautiful piece of art Chris and I’m so happy to see you have joined us over at the That’s Crafty challenge blog too ;)
Hugs
Donna xx

Neet said...

Thanks for the idea of the silver paint on the paper towel, I must try to remember and try that when I get home. It has given this a real icy feel and i just love that undergrowth.
Hugs, Neet xx

Marjut said...

Beautiful card.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Beautiful card! I love the look you used for the wintry greenery. Thanks for sharing the technique.

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x