Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 13 September 2016

T stands for TIOT Coffee and Cream

I'm doubling up today as we have a new theme at Try It On Tuesday - we would like to see Coffee and Cream this time although it's okay if you would rather do monochrome using another colour! The design team definitely are into coffee and cream so please do take a look on the blog.
I have made a 'Hello' card that can be used for a variety of occasions! 
I started by stamping the tree, using Potting Soil Archival ink, onto water colour paper. Some Ground Espresso DI around the scuffed edges and also used to paint the tree.

The bird was facing the wrong way so I turned him over and stamped with part of a Caraballe Studio stamp.
 
I used fairly tough old book paper as I wanted to scuff the edges - I then inked the edge and mounted it on the card(also inked)

The flower had a pearly middle but I wanted the little clock button and some ribbon on instead. The 'hello' is from a bargain set of Tim Holtz thinlit dies.
I backed it with some lace and gauze.

I hope you will come and join us at Try It On Tuesday for a coffee and cream!

Of course I have a coffee to show you at Bluebeard and Elizabeth's today too!

Sadly I didn't even get to try this Mocha - we bought it for youngest son when we went to Manchester Rylands Library!

I am showing this because we went to Grange Over Sands last week to one of my favourite cafes and forgot to take a photo of our drink and scone!! My excuse is that there was the cutest baby on the next table!!
I did remember to take some photos of Grange though. We took a different road in and stopped here for a look around - nothing much to see but I did like this reflected tree.


The view from across the railway lines is across Morecambe Bay.
We walked through the little park.





I love this although the little footnote made me feel sad!

On Friday I went down to Carnforth Railway Station(Brief Encounter was filmed there in the 40s)to a craft demonstration organised by local craft shop Rowantree Crafts….

 …and there was my lovely blog friend Jenny Marple demoing for Indigoblu!
I have saved my best news for last…
I think I just may have mentioned before that I love watching the birds that visit our caravan garden……….
The other week I was so excited to have seen these goldfinches….
…can you imagine how excited I was when we saw….
….three a few days later? 
Well…last week I looked out to see these…
…….EIGHT!!!!Six on the ground, one in the tree and one on the feeder! Happy Me!!! This was on the second day I saw them - I was far too giddy to get my camera on the first day - as you can see I have bought another Nyger seed feeder!

We are off to Essex(looking for family roots)and London this week, meeting up with a blog friend in London - I wonder if one of the T group can guess who?
I am also getting a chance to visit Ally Pally craft show too!

Thanks for looking, Chris

25 comments:

chrissie said...

Terrific card idea and more of your travels that are always great.

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful coffee and cream card Chris.
Super photos of your away times, the Gold finches look happy to be in your garden.
Happy T Day
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Wow- so many beautiful things in today's post. Great art piece(nature is a great choice for the coffee and cream theme), beautiful photos, and yum, that cake looks yummy. You are a busy lady just enjoying life! That is good. Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris and the little bird is so sweet.
Lovely pictures of your last trip and have a great time this weekend.
We've had Goldfinches in the garden but only 2, they must feel safe in your garden.
Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece for TIOT, really gorgeous. Thanks for sharing all the lovely photos, those woodpeckers are fantastic. Your coffee looks great, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie and Susi

sirkkis said...

Your design is always beautiful and interesting, Chris. Love your great card and the post is full of fabulous photos and text.
Have great Time ☺

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You always come up with the best designs and this one is a perfect example. I love how you stamped the bird to take away the fact it originally was facing the wrong direction. Clever you!

LOVE the photos you shared today, and that mocha looks great, too. Craft shows seem to draw you in, don't they? So glad you had a good time there.

What a great find you made in the goldfinches. They are lovely birds and must be very happy in your garden.

I'm fairly certain I won't be meeting you in London, so I have NO idea who it might be you are meeting. But I bet you run into Helen at Ally Pally.

Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos and your son's mocha with us for T this Tuesday.

Halle said...

That is a gorgeous card! Love the layers.
Happy T day!

Sandy said...

Chris I loved all of your pictures especially of the mocha drink and cake. I am about to die now for some of that cake!
Your card is delightful and I really like the colors scheme.
You know by seeing pictures when my friends post, is the way I travel now. I enjoy it thoroughly!!
Sandy xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the cup that mocha is in. Such a different type than any of my cups.

I've tried attracting goldfinches with no luck at all. Some people see them every year as they migrate, but try as I might I've had no success.

That scenery is lovely!

Happy T Tuesday :)

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, I meant to mention "Brief Encounter". I'll bet it was interesting to see where it was filmed. I've only seen that movie once, but I still clearly remember it. It made an impression.

Lula said...

Beautiful card in coffee and cream Chris! So well designed!
Crafty hugs to you- Lula

Linda Kunsman said...

really pretty card Chris-love all the details. Beautiful photos of the grange. That mocha- oh my it looks fabulous! I love the movie Brief Encounter (as I love most of the 30's and 40's movies especially)and how cool to see the station where it was filmed. I do feel your joy in seeing all those birds:) Happy T day!

Krisha said...

Great post Chris!
Your card is beautiful, love all the layers and ideas.
I always enjoy photos of different countryside areas.....we only get green in the spring.
Happy T-day

Lisca said...

What a lovely card! I also enjoyed the photos of the Morecomb Bay area. And also the station where Brief Encounter was filmed.
The gold fiches are amazing! No wonder you were excited!
Happy T-day,
and a good week ahead,
Lisca

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, so many things to look at in your post today! I love your Coffee and Cream art work, it's so beautiful! We use to go on holiday to Grange Over Sands when I was a young girl and we always had such a fun time - your photos remind me of those times and that I must go back there again, thank you :-). The poppy and lemon cake looks delicious! I can see why you were excited your gold finches are so wonderful. Wishing you a Happy T day! J :-)

zandra said...

Love your design team creation and that cute little birdie.
Hugz, Z

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous card Christ, love how you put this together, that bird is so lovely. Great photos of your time away too!

Margik said...

Your coffee and cream card is totally fabulous! Love all the beautiful details on it, especially the cute bird.
Great photos as always! Hugs, Mar

Brenda Brown said...

Your coffee and cream card is fabulous Chris, I love the design. Beautiful landscape photos and how wonderful to see the goldfinches and the lovely Jenny. I will be at Ally Pally on Saturday, hope to see you xxx

johanna said...

i´m such a fan of trees, so i love your Card. great photos, the geese with the pattern on their head/neck are so beautiful.
have a great week, Chris, happy belated t-day!

Marjut said...

This is a beautiful card.

Tee said...

A beautiful card, and great post!

SewPaperPaint said...

Wow! This is such a gorgeous card and the entire post is such a treat to read while I enjoy my morning cuppa. Hugs, Autumn

Karla B said...

Love your card and your photos are amazing.Happy belated T-Day !xoxo Karla