Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 19 September 2016

Too much of a good thing!

Hello everyone! As you may tell we are back home…and it  won't surprise some of you that we are off again at the end of the week!!

I will leave showing you most of my photos until Tuesday(TSFT) and Wednesday (WOYWW)

We had great time - some of it spent in the cool of the Record Office in Chelmsford searching for my ancestors (couldn't access the ones I wanted online!)
It was quite a walk to get there and it was HOT!
This was the temperature in the shade as we set off in the morning - we had been for a wander up the road in Romford where we stayed.
As it turned out we found out quite a lot and it made interesting reading!
We then headed to the village where they lived. It felt good to be there!
Friday was spent in a slightly damp London (definitely more of this another day!)
Of course on Saturday it was a different day altogether - off to Ally Pally which is a beautiful building!

Hubby went off to buy newspapers and also wanted to have a walk around. 
Meanwhile I was meeting up with blog friends and having a little spend(Helen has some great photos over on her blog Stamping by H)
This morning I have been playing with some of my new purchases except that…. you know how it is…I wanted to play with everything.well almost!!
The page I have made is just sightly overdone…...

…proving that you can have too much of a good thing!
New stencil and a Paper Artsy set by Lin Brown ELB30 .
I used part of a quote by Mae West by Woodware to express my feelings on this! 

I am now hoping to get some more crafting in as well as blogging!

I am going to enter my page in Craft Stampers 'Anything Goes' Make it, Take it challenge

Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun journal page, glad you enjoyed your weekend away. Now you need time to recover....Enjoy playing with your new stash, hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good time Chris. I love ♥ your Journal page..not overdone at all. xx

Helen said...

it was great to see you again on Saturday, Chris; already looking forward to Port Sunny in 2 weeks!!
Great page, too. I'll look forward to your photos.

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Absolutely lovely to meet you Chris, you looked like you were enjoying yourself, it was a great day wasn't it.....annoyed when I had to leave! Your journal page is fab, nothing wrong with it :)
hugs
Donna xx

Redanne said...

I love your journal page Chris, and I don't think you can ever have too much of a good thing! Hugs, Anne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was sure if you went to Ally Pally, you would find Helen, or she would find you. Now i want to know about London. You are such a tease!

That's a great journal page, and a bit over the top (grin). But sometimes it's fun to pile it all on and see what you end up with.

Gosh, you are gone a LOT lately. So glad to see you are having fun though.

My name is Erika. said...

Everyone is out having such fun. :) I can't wait to see the photos. :) Erika

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely page Chris and so glad you found out about your ancestors and visited the village where they lived. It was great to catch up with you at ally pally too. I must get the photo over to you xxx

chrissie said...

Terrific journal page and interesting places you found as always

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

Great to hear you had a good time! Sounds super!
The page is just gorgeous!
Rest now!
Happy T-Day
hugs
Susi

sirkkis said...

So rich and beautiful, Chris.

Linda said...

What a fun journal page. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge