Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 27 September 2016

T Stands for…The Stone Circle and more!

Today is the day to share a drink ( and maybe something to eat) and in my case some photos of where we went last week!
As you may know we had a plan to set off early to our caravan, unfortunately hubby had an adverse reaction to some medication so we set off a little later than intended with me driving! (Hubby does enjoy being at the wheel usually)
By the time we had done some shopping for food on the way he was feeling much better. 
On Friday we decided to take a trip to find where we are going in November (Oh yes there will be photos but I will tell you exactly where nearer the time!)
We stopped off at Castlerigg Stone Circle, a place we have often intended visiting!
It is quite close to Keswick but we didn't go into Keswick at all on this occasion!




From here we drove through the Vale of St John, past some beautiful scenery.

We stopped here for a picnic - although we didn't get out of the car for long as it was a bit chilly.
We then drove on to Grasmere
The Garden Centre doesn't have great selection of plants but is is a lovely place to buy gifts…
 ..and is in a beautiful setting


I think you have seen this area before but with Summer in full swing!
Our final stop was here…for some kitchen shopping and…..
….coffee, tea, scone and cake and yes the scone was that big and I gave some to hubby
Of course I had to have this or I couldn't have joined Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T stands for Tuesday….

so Thank You Elizabeth for this really great opportunity to share!

Thanks for looking, Chris


17 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Hi Chris!

It was so much fun traveling with you and hubby... thank you so much for taking us along... Great photos! i think i would have loved to see that stone circle... I 'm glad hubby's reaction doesn't seem like it was too severe and you managed to continue.... Happy happy Tday!! Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

I enjoyed my virtual trip, thx! It looks like a fascinating place, with so much history. Happy T Tuesday

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, what an interesting place you visited. I think this is the third time I have visited your blog today! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful place to visit! Just great Chris! Thank you for sharing the photos!
Happy T-Day!oxo Susi

Krisha said...

Such an interesting post Chris. I love the stone circle and the mystery around it, but was fascinated to read about it. Everything is so lush and green there........just beautiful country. Someday I would like to visit there.

Glad to hear you hubby's reaction wasn't very bad and that you could continue your trip. I won't pull our 5th wheel trailer.....way too long for me. *grin*

I haven't had any breakfast yet, and I think I could eat that huge scone right now.

Happy T-day

~*~Patty S said...

So glad you brought us along on another fabulous adventure.
Oh the magic and history of those stones!
AND the stunning countryside too.
Thanks for a yummy T Day treat as well
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

Please give Tony our best!

Let's Art Journal said...

The stones look so magical just like the rest of the Lake District! :-). I love that part of the world and I have been known to walk from Ambleside to Grasmere over the fells and treat myself to some of the famous Grasmere Gingerbread - happy days! Coffee, tea, scone and cake all look delicious and I see what you mean about your hubby sitting as patiently as mine ... lol :-). Happy T Day! J :-)

Helen said...

I have never visited up that way (a gap in my education!) - maybe I should hitch a trip with you one day... great photos, as always. I am intrigued to find out where your November trip is going to be, now!!

Mrs.B said...

One of my favorite places is the Lake District and I loved seeing your photos. Thanks for showing the photos of the stone circle, like you a place we have said we should visit. St John's in the Vale is a lovely place and we have often walked there too.
Scone looks delicious, glad you enjoyed it.
Avril xx

Redanne said...

So pleased to hear that your hubby recovered so quickly. Loved seeing the pictures of Castlerigg - I had an 'experience' there a few years ago. We went up there at midnight with just a small torch. A man reached out from behind the stones and grabbed my leg - funnily enough I have never been back....lol. Your refreshments look amazing. Great photos too! Hugs, Anne xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

I think I've been to that garden centre earlier in the year and its huge! Bit annoyed I missed the stone circle though....a good excuse to go back then ;)
hugs
Donna xx

Meggymay said...

You have jogged a few memories for me today Chris, especially Grasmere, where we used as a starting place for many walks in the past. Lovely photos and the scone looked delicious.
happy Tuesday
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh, I can't believe I've missed this post. I feel bad, so was delighted to stop by now.

The Castlerigg Stone circles were quite interesting. I also enjoyed reading about the Sanctuary. Another place I've never heard of is the Vale of St. John. It was certainly a lovely place for a picnic, even if it was a bit chilly.

Enjoyed the stop at the Grasmere Garden Centre. Gosh, the trees were gorgeous and beginning to look like Autumn.

LOVE the scone. Would love to eat a real English scone someday. Glad to see T was feeling better by the time you sat down for your scone, coffee, and tea. T's cake looks good, too.

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos with us, as well as your scone and drinks for T this Tuesday. And again, sorry I'm so late visiting.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos, as always Chris :) xxx

My name is Erika. said...

How beautiful. I would like to visit here. I love seeing all these places on people's blogs because when you live far away, you don't realize how much is in other places. All you usually hear about are the big tourist spots, usually in those big cities. Happy belated T day. I am finally catching up. Hugs-Erika

Carol said...

Lovely post today of your journey! I am really fascinated with the stone circle photos . SO much ancient history in your part of the world.