Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 4 September 2016

First Day at 'Big' School

I have made a journal page for Elizabeth's fabulous theme of 'Back to School' at Art Journal Journey.

I started by using a TH stencil and Distress Inks. I added some stamping, a small stamp from my new JOFY set, and some using a couple of pen lids. I then added some PA Infusions - which sort of washed out the  stamping so I went over it again in parts.

My little girl(one of Lindsay Mason's stamps)has finished with Nursery School (sorry I don't know the equivalent US grade but she has just turned 5 years old)and is now ready for her Primary Education to start.
She has been told by her Mum that she will still be able to play with the friends she made at Nursery - but we all know that playing is one of the best ways to learn!

I used (Paper Artsy) Sarah Nauman's 'Play' and 'discover' stamps along with a small talk quote and a dictionary extract.
I coloured the girl in with Colorsoft pencils and added some Snowflake Fresco Paint to the page where she was going to stand (on the edge of leafy stamp). Finally a little shadow with a Stabilo Allpencil.

I have all sorts of ideas buzzing around my head on this topic so I expect I will be making a few more pages!

Thanks for looking, Chris

   

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, this is a theme we all seem to love. Thanks for joining us at AJJ again, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

AH, wonderful art. You certainly put a lot into this one. Not sure if she was in preschool or kindergarten if she lived in the states. Either way, she'll still get to play with her friends just as you got to play in your journal. I LOVE it!

Meggymay said...

I'm sure she will be able to play with her friends. Its a wonderful page Chris and I love all the little words and fabulous background.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This page is lot of fun. This girl is definitely happy about school, which is a great thing. I wish all kids were so happy about school! Hugs-Erika

chrissie said...

Wonderful page with great arty ideas and colours

Love Chrissi xx

Rika said...

Great page Chris!

Helen said...

great page, Chris! thanks for catching up with my Seth workshop reports - was a great day indeed!

Anonymous said...

Great page Chris..xx

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a happy and beautiful page this is! Gorgeous Chris!
Thanks a lot for joining AJJ again!
Happy new week to you!
oxo Susi

Sandy said...

Delightful - so happy and full of color and joy! I love your background!
sandy xx

Rita said...

So cute!! This is a time of year for new beginnings and fresh starts. Probably because of all the years of starting school in the fall it has hung with me all my life. I loved school. :)

Gibby Frogett said...

Brilliant journal page Chris - love the colours, stamps and all the details. It made me think of starting infants school and playing shops and other things to learn to count.
Gill x

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous spread Chris with great stamping and background work! Love how you put this together!

I also wanted to say sorry for the lack of visits lately, but as you may know I have been away from home for two month. But now I am back I look forward to more regular visits again. xxx

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous journal spread Chris, love the colourful background and the addition of the words, I'm sure your little girl will have a great time.
Avril xx

Words and Pictures said...

Despite loving most of my time at school, I can't recall feeling quite this bubbly at the thought of going back after the holidays! But it's a wonderful page full of optimism and energy, and lovely colours too.
Alison x