Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 11 September 2016

Twins - a journal page

Elizabeth's choice of theme at Art Journal Journey  is 'Back to School' 
Having experienced school as a pupil, a teacher and a Mum I have lots in my head - wishing I had more time to take part!

This page is about having identical twins in a class - a new teachers nightmare I'm sure! When I was teaching as a supply teacher while my boys were young I once had a class with two sets of twins in - one set of girls were easy as Mum used to tie different colour ribbons in their hair. The others, boys, were much more difficult to distinguish by looks but their behaviour was very different.
I have taught quite a few twins in classes over the years - many of them non identical - much easier!

My background started as a gessoed page with a hint of green. I used my new JOFY mini girl for my twins (can you tell the difference?) 
I stamped some JOFY mini flowers and used the small circles from my new JOFY flower set, using light coloured inks. The 'ground' for the twins is the alphahabet from the girl mini.
'This is me' from one of Lindsay Mason's sets was stamped onto some mop up tissue and stuck onto the page with Matte Medium gel.

I am not sure where the UNIQUE came from but it fits very nicely into where my idea for the page came from! We are all individuals and unique - something a good teacher will recognise!

I added some random dots to my background (not enough!) then added inky circles using container tops to echo the shape of the faces.

By now you will have spotted that one of the twins has a more carefree approach to her appearance, although she will have to be careful with that untied shoe lace!!

I would like to link to Art Journal Journey - 'Back to School'
and
Paper Artsy - No 17 Making Marks

It's good to be back home again for a while! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another lovely journal page, great idea with the twins. I had twins in my class several times! Thanks for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Valerie & Susi

Helen said...

great journal page, Chris. I hadn't spotted the shoe lace...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is so very clever and original, Chris. I saw the disheveled hair, but missed the shoe lace. Great that you shared it. This is a wonderful entry for AJJ. I truly LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Great Journal page Chris, I love it. xx

chrissie said...

So well thought out and such fun as well. Must be difficult for anyone with identical twins

Love Chrissie xx

Sarah Anderson said...

Lol, messy hair and loose shoe lace, fab!! Love the background on this too.

Meggymay said...

Love these fun characters, I agree twins in class is not good at the beginning of the school term, especially identical ones.. Its a fantastic page and a great background.
Yvonne xx

Christine said...

Great page, spotted the hair but not the shoe lace!
Only had non identical....much easier!
X

My name is Erika. said...

As a long time classroom teacher, I know what you mean about twins. I've had so many and there's been a few that took me forever to tell apart. Funny how after you know them awhile they are so easy to tell apart, but at first. Thanks for sharing this great view of back to school. Hugs-Erika

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous page Chris, I loved having twins in school, they always brought something different to the classroom. Your two are obviously very close but with different characters, the hair and shoelaces says it all lol xxx

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh what a fun page Chris, love the twin idea, - sets of twins, both in real life and in fiction, always have something special to offer, - looking at some of the comments above, some of us teachers have had great experiences with twins...

Sandy said...

Love your colorful background --- cute girls too! They make me smile.
I have so much to learn!
Sandy xx

Rita said...

Never thought about teaching identical twins--LOL! I love this page!! So cute. :)

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love those cute twins.
Avril xx

Barbara said...

Chris I love your page! It's fun and absolutely beautiful! Barbara