Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Sun, Moon, Stars

There's a new topic at Try It On Tuesday and we hope that you will find a way to include Sun, Moon, Stars in your entries. As usual you have two weeks to create something using your own preferred medium. The DT have come up with some fabulous inspiration here.

I have made a page in my A6 journal…. 
 ….with a good sprinkling of stars!
The little girl is from a Carabelle Studio set as are the background stamps. The brick wall was made using a Stencil Girl (Seth Apter) stencil.
The sentiment was in a freebie set with a magazine!

I though the little girl looked a little puzzled about something and it made me wonder what her problem might be - my advice - Reach for the Stars - may be useful if she is considering career options when she leaves school - which is why I am also going to enter this at AJJ where Elizabeth's theme of Back To School has a few days left.
(I'm not sure whether A6 pages are allowed though?)

The TIOT team will be looking forward to seeing how you interpret this theme so please do join us!

Thanks for looking, Chris

ps I will be back later with some more photos of our latest trip.  


16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have NO idea what size A6 is, but it's a journal page, so I am in love with it, although Susi and Valerie may not be as pleased as I. I think every child should reach for the stars. It's not just a goal, it's an attitude. Great TioT AND AJJ entry.

Valerie-Jael said...

A6 is allowed, it is the smallest format we accept, so you just scraped in! And I'm glad, as it's a pretty page indeed, and we should all teach kids to reach for the stars! Have a nice day, and thanks for another lovely page for AJJ, hugs, Valerie

Barb said...

A lovely page Chris. Love all the stencilling and I love the little girl. A super sentiment for your lovely page. Barbxx

johanna said...

a wonderful page, love all this plenty of stars! lots of wishing...

Darla said...

A great page that should inspire any young girl. I'm not doing the challenge but I'm sure enjoying the work of those of you who are.

sirkkis said...

Joyful and beautiful page, Chris. The Girl looks so sweet, sure she is a good pupil 😃
Hugs ♥

Meggymay said...

A wonderful page Chris and a sweet little girl, I hope she reaches the stars and her dreams come true.
Yvonne xx
Will be catching up properly later.
Yvonne xx

Redanne said...

A beautiful page Chris (loving the stars) and a great message for everyone too! Hugs, Anne xx

Lula said...

Love your page Chris! The image of the girl is soo nice! Crafty hugs!

Jutta.K. said...

Such a great work, really, i like it so much
and the technic is so intriguing !
Greetings from Germany

Mrs.B said...

A great page Chris, love the idea of your girl pondering her career options - when DD left school one of her teachers actually said this to her, adding I know you'll get there, which I thought was a lovely thing to say.
Avril xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Gorgeous journal page Chris, love the brick effect too
hugs
Donna xx

Margik said...

A super page with a fantastic design, Chris! Love the cute girl image.
Mar xx

Neet said...

Great page Chris, love how you have encompassed the theme.
See you Saturday?
Hugs, Neet xx

froebelsternchen said...

What a fab page Chris and I so like how you thought outside the box to match the Back To School theme - So clever! So much depth in the page ! Thanks a lot for joining AJJ so often this month - even you were on holidays!♥♥♥
oxo Susi

Seth said...

Great sentiment...and a very cool use of the bricks! Thank you!