Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 15 May 2017

T Stands for…..time with family

Sunday was Mother's Day but not here in the UK, nevertheless I got to spend time with my three sons and my three grandchildren!
We used our 2 for 1 passes(which are currently free with the May edition of Gardener's World and valid for a whole year for entry to all sorts of properties - I think the magazine is available for a couple more weeks - we have already got our money back on the price of the mag!)We hadn't been to Arley Hall and gardens for years even though it is a short drive from home.
We each took an element of a picnic - sandwiches, savouries, drink and cake and it worked out very well! The picnic area was almost deserted so our chatting and laughing didn't disturb anyone - only thing is I forgot to take a single photo!
I did take lots elsewhere though…
The house was built on land that had been owned by the family for centuries - Rowland Egerton-Warbuton wanted it built in Elizabethan style to reflect his ancestry.
This little cottage was used for afternoon tea parties
I was trying to catch everyone up after stopping to take photos

There were some lovely natural areas  alongside the formal gardens..
…and a tree that had to be climbed


Hubby climbed up some steps and caught us all chatting - Oh! I forgot to say - ex hubby came too! We are usually a larger group but  there are four missing for various reasons!
I walked up to join hubby






Someone photo-bombed my pic ……so I photo-bombed his!!!!!



It's OK she isn't upset , just camera shy!
Loved walking through the green houses
The horse weather vane reflects the first owners love of fox hunting 

Now, we did have a drink after all this walking but again chatting too much to remember photos so as I am joining Elizabeth and Bluebeard for T Stands For Tuesday….

 I have photos of the coffees hubby and I had at the Parc Montsouris in Paris before our walk on his birthday  

I hope you enjoyed this garden visit, I have visit to Sizergh to share next week -big changes there!

We are home for a little while now so I am going to catch up with some visiting!
Thanks for looking, Chris 

20 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

what a gorgeous place to visit- especially with your family Chris! Ha ha- loved the photo bomb note:) Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What wonderful photos of the gardens and that house. WOWser. Even the small cottage is great. But what got me was you get along well enough with your ex to have him join you and your children. I think that's a great thing. I'm glad T is good/accepting with it, too.

I really LOVE that you took us to these fabulous gardens, then took us to Paris in a single post. Thanks for sharing your trip to Arley Hall and the beautiful gardens, then on to Paris for coffee this T Tuesday.

Helen said...

the gardens look fabulous, I love the formal gardens and the wild bits too! The fountain is beautiful, so unusual. Looking forward to the next trip too!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous place you visited, and I would love to live in that tiny house where they had their tea. The grounds are sooooo beautiful. The weather vane is pretty, too. Have a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Happy T Day

Always happy photographs on your blog Chris and these are all fantastic. What a wonderful place to enjoy time with your family. Looks like you had the place to yourself and could pretend it was your own house and garden.

Looking forward to seeing more of the places you visit.

Love Chrissie xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, you always have the most wonderful time with your family and I so enjoyed seeing the buildings and gardens of Arley Hall - very beautiful! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing place! Great to visit with the family! Thank you so much for sharing!
oxo Susi

sarascloset said...

Loved your garden visit and all those beautiful photos! So hubby and ex-hubby attended the same outing???! Wow! Hugs!

My name is Erika. said...

I think a cup of tea after the visit was just right. What a gorgeous place Chris. I love the gardens very much. Thanks for sharing. Hugs erika

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets to take drink and meal photos when we're having a really fun time - lol.

OMGosh - a darling little cottage just for tea parties - how marvelously quaint!

The gardens are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for the wonderful photos. Do you know that you can Photoshop the photo bomber away if you want?

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Meggymay said...

The gardens you visited with the family look beautiful and you all looked like you were having a grand time.
That little cottage is wonderful, do they serve visitors tea from there as well?
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Lorraine said...

what a lovely day out I love the little cottage the best

jinxxxygirl said...

Chris you can take me to the Gardens any day! Especially loved the sculptured shrubs.... makes me want to draw them...lol Happy happy t day hugs! deb

Rita said...

Beautiful pictures Chris. Love visiting gardens too. Hugs Rita xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

Oh, WOW! I would love this! It's got such a variety of types of garden. Thank you so much for sharing your outing :)

Happy T Tuesday!

JoZart Designs said...

I've been popping in to your blog from time to time but sorry I've not commented . Life has been a tad crazy of late. Love your artwork and your travelogues and this time you have excelled bnoth in all I viewed and also in giving the "heads up" for the 2 for 1 pass. Got the mag and thrilled with it all... seeds, gloves and the promise of bargain priced days out too. TYTYTY!Off to Germany to see DD2 and family next week and when I come back there is the promise of lovely days out to cheer me when I miss my family. You're a star.
Jo x

johanna said...

what a wonderful trip you had! the picnic sounds good and having time with the Family also. i enjoyed all These picures - and i have a weak spot for weather vanes - this is such a Special one!
have a great week, Chris!

Sandy said...

Chris your photos are fantastic! Extraordinary gardens!! Sorry about the missing picnic picture - that would have been neat to see.
X-husband -- WHAT!!!!!!
Sandy xx

Dianne said...

Whenever I want to visit scenic places, i can just come to your blog and be transported! You take such wonderful photos, it really looks like a gorgeous place. Such a nice family outing! You seem to be always on-the-go...good for you. Happy T Day a bit late!

Carol said...

What a lovely family outing ans such beautiful photos too. Love the photos bomb shots :) You take the best photos and it's almost as good as being there yourself ♥ I am late getting around again this week !