Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 18 May 2017

Just having fun!

When I saw the new topic at Paper Artsy was Assemblage my heart sank just a little bit - I have always envied the folk who can put things together so expertly when mine just look as though I have turned away from my desk and chucked things around with my eyes closed!
Now, what I have made here may still look like that but I must say I did have fun! I saw Kim Collister's birds in the introduction post but it wasn't until I was looking amongst my bird stamps for something else that I came across my two little JOFY birds.
I have box(or two)of useful items, in which was a block from a set of photo holders with one missing (bought at a bargain price)
 Some Paper Artsy Fresco paints soon covered it - although I had to undercoat some of the translucent paint.
 I stamped the birds twice - one on card and again onto tissue paper   so that they were double sided.
 Some stencilling, colouring, and some bits and pieces from my little box on my desk... 
 …then attached some wire and added some nail art beads on top by sprinkling them into clear paste
Here are my lovebirds on my windowsill.
The reflection to the right isn't the back but a tin that contained pretty plasters(for my GD)

Not a good photo but you can see another side and the reflection of another not shown.

I would like to enter in Paper Artsy Topic 8 Assemblage challenge


Thanks for looking, Chris

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece, your lovebirds look very happy there. Have a nice day, hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

oh that is such fun! love your lovebirds on top.

Neet said...

This certainly does not look "chucked together" but expertly done. I love your little love birds and bet they are enjoying the sunshine perched on your window sill.
Hugs, Neet xx

chrissie said...

Such a fun piece Chris and looks great in the window hanging up.

I am impressed that you have categories for your stamps though I know you have lots so maybe that is why. Well done you.

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

Very cute Chris! It doesn't look very thrown together to me. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your lovebirds piece is amazing! You have created so much lovely detail with the stencilling and gorgeous embellishments, the copper wiring and the lovebirds sitting on the top - beautiful! Have a great weekend! J 😊

Mrs.B said...

Love your quirky lovebirds Chris, so bright and cheery.
Avril xx

Sandy said...

I think your block is fantastic --
Sandy xx

Rita said...

Soooo cute! :)

Julie Lee said...

Chris - this is an absolute delight! I love it! xx

Unknown said...

The birds are so well placed! Love it!

froebelsternchen said...

Just LOVELY Chris.. such a nice Assemblage!

Craftyfield said...

Totally the way I feel... Following the Paper Artsy "lesson" is the best way for me to try new things and get decent results! You did well with your 3D assemblage, way braver than mine!

geezercrafter said...

A very happy cheery 3d creation, love it!!

Lin said...

A lot of fun ...love it

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That is an assemblage I would be proud to call beautiful. I simply adore it and your stamping skills, too. You put it together so well and it is a rare beauty (and not just for the birds, either).

PaperArtsy said...

Ohh I love this Chris, and how fortuitous that the reflection can be seen too!! What a beauty to have on the window sill! ~ Leandra

SewPaperPaint said...

This is really so cool Chris! Those birds are fantastic this way! Amazing idea. Hugs, Autumn

Corrie Herriman said...

Cool !
Corrie x