Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 2 May 2017

T stands for…….taking you back to Paris!

As promised there are still more photos of Paris if you can bear it!
Some of hubby's pics of Parc Floral…


He also went across to see Chateau Vincennes. 
I'm sure you can see why I would like to visit this park too!
We did visit Belleville park and came upon this group of people dancing, there are musicians sitting on the steps
We were headed for Parc des Buttes Chaumont, one of the four main parks in Paris that Napoleon had created for the people of Paris(at least that's what I think the notice said!)
This is the wobbliest bridge I have ever been on!I did stop to look over it though - there I am half way over!
The rocks in the lake are artificial - although it is a rocky area.




We saw these two men (and parrot)the next day too, walking through the nearby area of Le Mairie.


I love these colours!
On our last morning we decided to manage without using public transport - we headed for an area called Buttes aux Cailles - an area we had tried to find on a previous trip but was much easier to find from the direction we walked. The streets are old fashioned and could be in rural France instead of a few yards away from tall modern buildings in a big city. 



It really was so quiet and peaceful in these streets.
We carried on to Place d'Italie, watched the traffic for a while and went into a new shopping centre for a bite to eat before walking back through the Chinese quarter to the hotel.
This place has some happy memories of the Night of Music in June 2015 - which was when we tried to find those beautiful houses and came across so many places with live music playing!
Now its time to join in with the T party at Bluebeard and Elizabeth's place

After our long walk on the Sunday (hubby's birthday shown on T stands for last week) we stopped off at BHV - a large department store with an excellent art and craft department - and where I added to my NeocolourII collection. We did come upon it unexpectedly and knew they would have a cafe and toilets! 
Hubby giving me the 'not another photo' look  - we shared these two bottles. 
The cafe is on the top floor and hubby took some photos from the windows, which are open all around the bedding dept. too! 



Thanks for looking, I must apologise for not getting to everyone last week - we were only home for a couple of days before going away again!
If you haven't had enough of Paris I have photos here and here too!I have one more post on Paris to make - the Street Art - maybe in the next couple of days!

Happy T Day! Chris







17 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh, I could never tire of seeing photos of Paris and I loved visiting with you! The parks are spectacular and how lovely to see people dancing and hear live music, that's enough to make me smile :-) . I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! Wishing you a Happy T day! J :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

What wonderful places you visited, I am a tad envious as I would so love to visit Paris again. Anyway, thanks for sharing the lovely photos and the drinks! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Lorraine said...

great memories

jinxxxygirl said...

Chris you can take me to Paris anytime you want to...lol We did visit Paris back in the early 1990's... the Lourve... the Palace of Versailles ... but it was a quickie tour and i would have loved to spend more time there seeing the sights.. Love seeing it through your eyes... Happy happy T day hugs! deb

chrissie said...

Happy T Day Chris and thank you as always for sharing the fantastic photographs. Always something special to see and enjoy. Nice to know I can visit some of the places we never got to see when we were there

Love Chrissie xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Breath-taking! Thank you for sharing these gorgeous views!

Happy T Tuesday :)

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, No apologies needed what so very when comes to lots of photos of your trips-especially Paris
I know I will never go so I enjoy these travel posts very much. Beautiful photos thank you
Happy T Day Kathy

Helen said...

NEVER apologise for sharing photos of Paris. i love the Parcs and the buildings are amazing. It makes me want to go back soon.. or maybe for next year's Version Scrap! see you there maybe!

Meggymay said...

Beautiful photos Chris.
Happy T day.
Yvonne xx

Dianne said...

I so enjoy your travel photos...We just don't have little streets and houses like that in the U.S. It is sad that we seem to always demolish old things and build newer (cheaper) things. Musicians in the street sounds wonderful too! Happy T Day!

Dianne said...

I so enjoy your travel photos...We just don't have little streets and houses like that in the U.S. It is sad that we seem to always demolish old things and build newer (cheaper) things. Musicians in the street sounds wonderful too! Happy T Day!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, those photos bring back wonderful memories of our Paris trip years ago. I loved every minute. We stayed in a wonderful old hotel on the top floor with a stone balcony that looked over the city. Magic.

CJ Kennedy said...

what a fun trip. The flowers in the park are just beautiful. the houses with the wrought iron balconies, in the last photo, remind me of the story Madelein. In an old house in Paris that was covered with vines, lived 12 little girls in 2 straight lines... How many times did I read that story to my girlies when they were little. I also love the not another photo look. :-D
Happy T Day!

johanna said...

so nice to be on tour with you again. (i can´t believe it has been 35 years since i was in paris the last time...)
i would love to be everywhere except the wobbly Bridge;)
have a great week, Chris!

Carol said...

Your Paris photos are beautiful and I love seeing every one of them. It will probably be the closest I ever get to Paris ♥

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I've never been to Paris, so I really appreciate seeing all your personal photos. The photos and your comments are fascinating. Thanks for sharing them, Chris.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Neet said...

Fabulous! I have enjoyed every minute of reading this and another request - I now want a guided tour written down so I can visit all these wonderful places, please.
Hugs, Neet xx