Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 21 May 2017

Paris Elegance

We have returned from a few days away - not much crafting done but we have done some gardening - mainly tidying up this and that in between showers!
My latest entry for Gill's theme - Elegance and Grunge at Art Journal Journey is a little bit of Parisienne style and was finished   a couple of weeks ago!
The pink background has been in my journal for a while but as soon as I found the macaron picture in a magazine and idea was formed!
I used some new stamps from AALL and create by Autor De Mwa - a lovely grungy element set and since I bought them in Paris it seemed appropriate!
The Eiffel Tower was already cut out and in by bits box - I added a bit of torn off under paper some punched paper lace that my friend Sarah gave me years ago and small piece of napkin with the rosebud on it.
The quote is another I have had for a while from The Artistic Stamper - it just needed outlining in gold to give it the Parisienne sparkle! 

I also made a Birthday card around the same time which has now been received.
I used some Distress Oxides and a Crafty Individuals stamp I bought at Happy Stampers.
Fortunately the sentiment was just the right colour and was in my little desk box.

I am of course on catch up now so I hope to get around to some blog visiting soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous Journal page and card, one lovelier than the other. Glad you had a nice weekend. Hugs, Valerie

Little Artbee said...

The page is so lovely and well composed. The card isalso nice and very special, good design. I like both pieces very much.
Greetings
Sabine

froebelsternchen said...

The page is just a WOWSER Chris - fantastic! And the charming card ist just beautiful as well!
Thanks for another fantastic page linked to AJJ!
Great to hear that you had a nice weekend! Wish you a good start into the new week!
oxo Susi

Helen said...

Adore both the journal page and the card!

Brenda Brown said...

Both lovely projects Chris, have a great week xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I get the feeling you are on a pink roll here. Not a color I am personally drawn to, but I certainly love what you have done with both the journal page and the birthday card.

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh wow what a fantastic page Chris!
I had a good zoom in to look at the details better - I love this!
Thanks once again for joining in at AJJ.
I also love your card and that beautiful stamp - aren't the oxides fab.
Have a great week...
Gill x

Annie said...

fabulous journal page Chris and a beautiful birthday card to treasure. You have certainly been busy.
Take care and best wishes
Annie xx

Juliz Design Post said...

I saw these earlier on Instagram and especially loved your card so popped over to get a closer look, loving the CI stamp.
Julie x