Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Feathered Friends at TIOT

We have a new challenge over at Try It On Tuesday with such wonderful inspiration from the Design Team! The theme is 'Feathered Friends'
Over the weekend I was fascinated by the way the swallows swoop so close to our caravan - I could watch them for ages.

I had already made this little wall hanging as at this time of year the swallows have well and truly arrived here in the UK.
I started by painting my board with PA Fresco paint - Sky.
Added some script stencilling using a Stencil Girl mini stencil randomly with Snowflake Fresco paint.
 I made the holes at the top with my Crop-O-Dile.
 I fussy cut the garland at the top (using the same TH set as the swallow) I chose to cut them out myself as I wanted to cut part of it off.
The flowers are from a set I have had for a while.
I added some script stencilling onto some press out diamonds painted white and then added a little more in a lighter grey to the board.
The swallow was stamped in grey and I darkened his eye and beak with a pen. 

I do hope you will enjoy this theme and be inspired to join in with a make of your choice.
The rules are here.

My 'T' post is the one before this.

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is incredible. I was really impressed by that stencil, because it looks like graffiti to me. Of course, I love all the fussy cutting you did in order to make this the perfect wall hanging.

Don't you just love your crop-a-dile? I know I couldn't function without mine.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous hanging, love the colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

Margik said...

What a wonderful hanging, Chris. Love all the elements on it and the fantastic design.
Mar xx

sirkkis said...

Oooh, so lovely tag!
Hugs xx

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous tag Chris.

Juliz Design Post said...

Love your background, a striking design and your black flowers suit it perfectly.
Julie x

Sandy said...

Looks like a soft smokey blue - those paints must be wonderful. Very attractive tag!
Sandy xx

Lula said...

Awesome hanging Chris! Love the colour and the birds' images!
Lula oxo

Mrs.B said...

A lovely hanging Chris, love the background for your swallow, looks as if he's flying in the sky.
Avril xx

Helen said...

I love this! the white stencilling (fab stencil) is gorgeous and the black flowers stand out so well.

froebelsternchen said...

This is an absolutely adorable and unique made - I love love love it Chris!
Thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog!
Can send all the compliments back! Love your style!
Happy evening!
And also happy T-Day - this photos are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
oxo
Susi

Kerrymay._.Makes said...

Hi Chris. Love it. Intrigued about the challe he but can't see the rules Kerrymay._.Makes xx

chrissie said...

A beautiful tag Chris. Just catching up with your posts and seeing what you have been up to while I was away

Love Chrissie xx