Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 29 May 2017

Rainy Day crafting!

We are home, after a long weekend of very mixed weather - roasting hot on Thursday and Friday followed by thunder storms on Saturday and then clouds yesterday! Although it hasn't rained here, when we left it was pouring down again! I must say I am more pleased to have the cooler weather.
While we were away I called to Rowan Tree Crafts in Carnforth!
So many tempting things but this time there was something special!

Not these, although it does mean that I have nearly all of the Distress Oxide colours now and I love the range of Tando Creative goodies Sharon has!
No, it's these, out of stock for so long but now MINE!!!
With 107 in the pack I have left some to play with at our caravan! 
When I called in last week I mentioned to Sharon that I was looking for some and Yay!….she had ordered some!
So, on Saturday after picking them up it rained…
…and I had a chance to play!
Part of the background was there in my journal already - I added stencilling, stamping, some scraps(yes, I have a couple of scrap bags there too!)and I gave my little dancing girl some wings!

I would like to enter at Moo Mania and More where the theme is 'Dancer'

I hope that this entry is acceptable at Art Journal Journey for Gil's theme of Elegance and Grunge - with only three days to go I am hoping to get one more page done!

If ever you are headed up the M6 to the Lake District and need more crafty supplies (they sell lovely gifts and cards too) it's not so far off Junction 35 to call in at Rowan Tree (whose blog is here) - it's near to Booth's who have an excellent cafe there too!

Hoping to get a catch up done soon, once again the internet connection has not been reliable!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

13 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh! What an AMAZING page Chris- and how lucky you are to have got this wonderful package - they will be wonderful to use!!! WOW!And nearly all of the colours of the Oxides?! AMAZING!!!
I am so happy about all your support to AJJ and Moo Mania & More!
Thank you so much!
big hugh

Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page Chris. Glad you found loads of goodies, have fun playing. It' still 33° degrees here this evening, I hope it rains tomorrow! Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

Love your page Chris, love the paper dolls and really love Sharon's shop!! Hugs, Anne xx

Helen said...

Great page, and glad you got your hands on the dolls! I have yet to use mine but I must say the bag is crammed full, very impressive.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a perfect way to spend a rainy day and your little dancer with her wings is beautiful! I've just spent some time looking at Rowan Tree Crafts website, thanks for sharing the link :-) . Wishing you a great week! J :-)

chrissie said...

Terrific page and great that you got more goodies to play with

Love Chrissie xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love those TH cut out people. Glad you found them, and you certainly made a fantastic page with them. I bet we'll be seeing a lot more of them in the near future. :) Erika

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous background, perfect for the ballerina paper doll, a great rainy day playtime Chris xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I got my little dolls on sale, but I think yours and Erika's are different from mine. I have 107 in my package, but there are sllight differences. I think mine are from a previous "run" and yours is from a new run. However, I totally love mine, so I know you are going to love yours as well.

I've seen people have those oxides, but i haven't seen them here yet. So glad you have most of them, now.

Your ballerina post is incredible, and you met two challenges in the process. I adore this latest journal entry. Love your photos, too!

Rosie said...

wowowo, your page is absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Neet said...

Thanks for the idea of what to do with my bag of figures from Tim. Certainly, if ever I am in the area of this shop I will definitely call in.
Hugs, Neet xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Oh wow your page is really stunning Chris.
I love your dreamy grungy background as along with the lovely girl that has made it magical. I must get those TH people! - haven't got the patience to print and cut out my own ancestors ha ha :)
Thanks again for linking to AJJ I appreciate it.
We've certainly had a mix of weather lately haven't we and doesn't look like its over yet either.
Hope you have a great day... Gill x

Sandy said...

Hey Chris - such a very attractive page and I love the background. I am really into backgrounds lately. I really like seeing what people have don and I do love your colors.
sandy xx