Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 25 August 2017

Any Excuse!!!

Hello everyone, I am back from our little trip away for our Wedding Anniversary. 

I hope you don't mind, but I have used my 'new favourite' flower stamp again for this journal page! It's a Paper Artsy stamp by Jo Firth Young (JOFY08)
I have added some Kay Carley stems too(EKC08) and a Scrapcosy fern(ESC03) along the bottom.
For the background I used combination of Distress Inks and Distress Oxides. I also added some stencilling using Clear Gloss Medium. I had some Distress Oxide ink on a sponge leftover from something else that I rubbed though a TH Mini layering stencil which I then spritzed and dabbed away the excess water.
The large flower was coloured using Fresco paints and I used a corrector pen for the white flowers and added some gold dots around the star flowers.
I am joining in again at Art Journal Journey where Jo's theme is Poetry In Motion. I love this quote by Buddha and it sounds like poetry to me! It is a Lin Brown stamp from her ELB28  set 

We stayed at a lovely country hotel in Worcestershire and had a lovely stroll around the grounds the other evening.

This was the view from the Dining room on Thursday morning.
It was a lovely break and I have a few more photos to show on Tuesday!

I think this is also a good time to remind you that there are still three days left to enter our 'In My Garden! challenge at Try It On Tuesday!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Love your flower card Chris and what a beautiful place to stay for you anniversary, glad you had a lovely time xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

What a lovely place you stayed it. Always nice to get away for a few days. Another gorgeous floral page, too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

A very beautiful page and I love this stamp and hope to see lots more of it in the future.

Looks like a nice place that you stayed at and I am looking forward to more photographs

Love Chrissie xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful quote and page! I can see why you love the quote, it is very poetic and enlightening 😁. The way the Distress Ink and Oxides have reacted and been applied through the stencil makes for such a pretty background and the flower stamps are so elegant 😁. It looks like you had a wonderful trip, Happy belated Anniversary! It's lovely to see you again at Art Journal Journey, thanks so much and wishing you a great weekend! J 😊

Sandy said...

Gorgeous page - I love seeing what you do. I definitely like your style.
Can't wait to see more pictures.
Sandy xx

Helen said...

it's one of my favourites too! looks a gorgeous break, looking forward to more photos.

Rita said...

Happy Anniversary!
You had to use that cute flower stamp again because it was just perfect for the quote. What a lovely page!! :)

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful quote and page Chris! Amazing ! Thank you for yet another fantastic entry to this month's theme!

Such a beautiful place to stay for you anniversary, glad to hear that you had a lovely time there!
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

It is another beautiful page using those wonderful flower stamps Chris.
It looks a super place to stay for your Anniversary look forward to seeing the rest of your photos.
Yvonne xx

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely, gentle page, and it looks like you chose a wonderful place to spend your anniversary.
Alison x