Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 15 August 2017

T Stands for….taking an unexpected walk

We both had dental appointments last week and by the time we came out it was almost lunchtime. We had intended popping to the supermarket for a few supplies and going home but we both had the idea of going to Dunham Massey for our lunch! It's not so surprising really as we go very close by on our way from the Dentist to the supermarket!
The young stags were just inside the entrance gate
This light coloured one looked beautiful.
 The geese and ducks were sunning themselves
The Coot was pecking around in the grass.
We were heading for the gardens, when we arrived there was a performance taking place - the 'circus' has arrived. This is part of a school holiday trail around the gardens and is showing part of the   history of Dunham Massey - the 7th Earl married a circus performer!





We walked up the path to the Rose Garden






The little stream looks bit overgrown!

As we are about half way round I will stop here and join Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday.
 Before we started our walk we went to the cafe which is in the entrance block that opened a couple of years ago.
Hubby was patient while I took a photo of our salad sandwiches (ham for him, cheese for me)crisps(potato chips)to share and our water.

Now, I could take you back to finish our walk but I will do that another day. 

I thought you might like to see where we went after church on Sunday.
I have wanted to go to Stockport Vintage Market ever since I saw it on Lynn Holland's blog - Here's One I made Earlier Today. Lynne is the Queen of Vintage and she and hubby always look fantastic!(go and take a look!)
I didn't take many photos as I was too busy looking at everything and hubby was happy to see lots of Vintage classic vehicles.


There was live entertainment too

The Mayor kindly stayed a little longer so I could take her photo!


 I spotted these lovely ladies in their fabulous vintage outfits in the distance and they kindly posed for this shot for me as we were leaving!
Thank You Ladies - I wish I had asked your names! Hope you like this!! 

I think we may go again sometime - although I doubt we will dress up!

I'll be back with my TIOT post in a few hours - the theme is close to my heart!! 

Thanked for looking, Chris





20 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

It makes me happy to see how much traveling and visiting you and hubby do on a regular basis and how much fun you have! Those stags are gorgeous and oh what fun to visit a vintage inspired spot-love it! TFS and happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

so enjoyed all the lovely photos, especially the wildlife-so happy you are able to travel-sounds fun
Happy T Day Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Trying to play catch up here. Sorry I'm so late visiting. I'll go back tomorrow (today in your world) and see what I've missed so far.

I SO enjoyed this post, right from the very beginning with the stags to the three girls in vintage clothing. I love your travels. Your blog should be titled have Chris will travel (grin).

You got some absolutely gorgeous shots and the rose garden is amazing. In my spare time I've been watching a bit of Midsomer Murders and the building and gardens look very similar, very British! BTW, I now know what a coot is!

T was so sweet to wait to while you took a shot of your sandwiches and water. I was really impressed with his patience, too.

Lynn likes her vintage clothes, doesn't she? She also likes to use the fabric in sewing, too. I think you did a great job with the photos you took. You have a female mayor and that impressed me, too.

Thanks for sharing your awesome photos, your trip to Stockport Vintage Market, and your sandwiches and water with us for T this Tuesday.

Helen said...

love the gardens (you know me and gardens!) and also those vintage dresses look beautiful Thanks for sharing.

Valerie-Jael said...

What a wonderful places you visited, so many gorgeous photos. Love those vintage ladies and the mayor in her vintage car, fantastic. Durham Massey looks a great place to wander about, too, I would enjoy walking there, too. Nice to see your long-suffering hubby enjoying his meal, too. Have a great week and a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Love to wander along with your when you go places. The gardens look amazing and great that they had a trail for you to follow with circus things on show.

Stockport looks a lot better place than when I passed through it but that was about 50 years ago so it is sure to have changed except for the great costumes you saw.

We both have hubbies on show again for T Day but yours is smiling this time. Vic will have to up his game. I will have to tell him to say cheese.

Happy T Day and thank you for sharing the wonderful photographs especially the white stag.

Love Chrissie xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful photos of these sights. The three women so pretty I love it and in the garden the performance .. and the animals ... the coffee break!
Nice day
Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

I think you should always get a special treat after the dentist ... lol 😉 and Dunham Massey is perfect! The gardens and flowers are so beautiful and you captured such pretty views, thank you! I've never been to Stockport Vintage Markets and I'm loving the wall with the old written signage painted onto it 😁. I enjoyed seeing the vintage cars and it must have been a great atmosphere with the music too and wow, your three ladies look spectacular! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊
p.s. thanks so much for asking Eileen to link to AJJ, you made me very happy with your thoughtfulness! J x

Unknown said...

Looks like you have had some lovely days out. Beautiful photos, I love the deer's. One of my favourites. X

CJ Kennedy said...

Your walk through the grounds and gardens just beautiful. The white stag was awesome. I liked the stream being overgrown and wild. A good segue to the 7th Earl married a circus performer, that must have caused quite a stir! Thanks to your hubby for being patient while you take a photo of himself and his food. Must have been fun wandering through the vintage shops. How kind of the mayor to pose for you. Love her mayoral jewelry. Mayors here don't have anything like that. Too bad. Looks cool. Have a Happy T Day!

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh - I so enjoyed all this fantastic photos dear Chris! Fantastic how much you always see!
oxo Susi
Happy T-Day - your hubby is such a super T-Day face!

Divers and Sundry said...

Those gardens are gorgeous! I'd get a kick out of dressing for vintage -or at least I'd get a kick out of trying to put together a vintage outfit. Those ladies got it right!

Happy T Tuesday

jinxxxygirl said...

Chris what type of deer are those?? Do you know? They are beautiful! i love the walk through the gardens.. the roses are spectacular!! And look at hubby getting his picture taken....Just love those girls all dressed up in their vintage looks! Happy happy t day! Hugs! deb

Dianne said...

oh what fun! love all the garden photos...I love the old-fashioned roses with the abundance of petals! made me smile to hear that one of the earls married a circus performer. bet that put a few noses 'out of joint!' Fab photo of the girls in their 50's finery too...Happy T day! ♥

Lynn Holland said...

Im so glad you enjoyed Vintage Village Chris. What a shame I wasn't there. Next time you go we will have to meet up xx

Lisca said...

What impressive stags. That light coloured one certainly is a handsome boy.
The park is beautiful. All those gorgeous flowers, love the peonies and those grasses. Beautiful.
Vintage Village looks great. Do they do that every month?
An earl marrying a circus performer? Is that a modern day earl or was that a bit of history?
That photo of the girls dressed up in their 50s dresses is fab. So good of them to pose for you so that we now all can see them in their finery.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

sarascloset said...

Chris, you made my day by sharing these photos! Thank you! Looks like a couple of wonderful days! Hugs!

Neet said...

On the photo before your three lovely ladies there is a lady looking in a shop window - this looks so like Red Kitty (blog name). Wonder if it was her - she does dress vintage.
Looks a great place to go - lucky you being there.
Dunham Massy - what can I say? Love the place and the photos you have taken are wonderful - thanks Chris.
Hugs, Neet 13 xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Dunham Massey looks like a fascinating place, Chris. Beautiful pictures of the stags. The pink rose is so full it looks like a peony! Everywhere you look, there's something lovely or fun to see.

That's a nice photo of your hubby. Honestly, I don't think I've ever met a man who was such a good sport about pictures. You're a lucky gal ;-)

I love that last picture of the young ladies. They look gorgeous.

Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

Carol said...

So many beautiful photos today Chris!!!! Love each one of them and you Hubby looks happy to be photographed :) Thanks for sharing all of your adventures with us ♥♥♥♥