Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 1 August 2017

Postcards/Mailart for TIOT!

Have you been? Are you going? Even if you are having what is now called a 'Staycation' you may like to know that our new theme at Try It On Tuesday this time is Postcards/Mailart! As usual the DT have made some great samples!
It would be great to see where your postcard might come from!
I'm sure that you can guess where mine is from, especially if you look at the postmark!
I must have spent quite a lot at Paper Artsy over the years because I have loads of these complimentary postcards!
I tore up some old French book pages(bought at a Brocante that my SIL took me to) 
The card was then dipped into some watery Distess Oxide - Vintage Photo - on my mat.
 I stamped one of Lynne Perella's skyline stamps PA LPC012 and part of an Everything Art texture stamp PA EEA06
…and then used black for my Sentiment.
I stamped some JoFY flowers from PA JoFY25  
onto a sheet of Prima paper, coloured them with watercolour paint and fussy cut them!
They were added to my postcard as a reminder of the flowers in the Paris parks

 Just to finish it off I rubbed some Stormy Sky DI around the edges!

As usual you have two weeks until the TIOT challenge closes - (13th August)so hope to see you joining in!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful postcard with lots of nice memories for you. Hugs, Valerie

Rosie said...

Wow, your postcard is absolutely wonderful, Chris.

craftytrog said...

Love your fab collage Chris!
Alison xx

chrissie said...

Terrific post card with great ideas to inspire.

Love Chrissie xx

Joan said...

Great collage on your postcard, love it


Joan x

Meggymay said...

An awesome card Chris and it was lovely to read where you had bought the book pages. Its a super city to receive a card from.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Your postcard is AMAZING Chris! I love it!

Words and Pictures said...

Love your altered postcard (I've a store of those somewhere as well - need a craft room sort-out if I'm going to lay hands on them though, I fear). The layered book text makes for a lovely background, and the flowers are so pretty. I love how it's full of happy Parisian memories.
Alison x

Margik said...

A super postcard, Chris! I just love the book papers you have used for this, and the flowers are fantastic too. Mar xx

Mrs.B said...

A wonderful postcard Chris and I love the torn book pages for the background. I've got a few of those PA Postcards, hadn't thought about using them - good idea.
Avril xx

kathyinozarks said...

oh wow I love what you have made-awesome postcard

Astrid Maclean said...

Brillian card, really like how you put this together!! Great combination of stamping and collage!

My name is Erika. said...

Very cool postcard Chris.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Chris. It's a beautiful postcard, and of course, has to include flowers. I love it!

Jeannette said...

OH WOW! love your postcard,really faboulous.
happy week.


hugs jenny

sheila 77 said...

Good to read how you made this. I love the use of the French text papers and that is some excellent fussy cutting. Vintage Photo and Stormy Sky - what great colours to use and they give the postcards a lovely vintage look.