Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Postcard for….?

I made a tag as a reminder that Try It On Tuesday's 'Postcards/Mailart' theme still has one week to run!

It all started with some Distress Oxide play - I stamped a Crafty Individuals postcard on to one of the pieces I made.
I used my Ko-I-Nor watercolour set to colour it in
Next the tag - I mixed Oxides and Distress inks and some stencilling, just a bit too heavy handed but I did like the colour I ended up with. I added some stamping with a stamp that had become separated from it's set (I shall have to find where from) 
I had a roll of washi tape out on my desk too so used a bit of that, dug around in my bits box to find some gauze which I coloured with Blueprint Sketch ink. 
A bit of scuffing edges on the postcard, an Idea-ology remnant rubbed onto an offcut bit of oxide card and I had a tag that I wasn't entirely happy with - put it to one side then realised it needed edging and splattering with gold paint so had to do a bit of masking!
I would like to enter my tag at

 Simon Says Wednesday challenge - Splatter It

Country View Challenges - Blues and Greens

A Vintage Journey - Watercolour.

Thanks for looking, Chris

22 comments:

chrissie said...

This is one amazing tag with so many things to admire and inspire. I just love the gold edging.

Love Chrissie xx

Hazel Agnew said...

This is so beautiful. I love it! X

Helen said...

I love the splatters! gorgeous tag.

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous tag Chris, I love the inky layers and the gold splashes seem to draw the eye to see all the details.
Yvonne xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! X

My name is Erika. said...

Nice tag. I love that postcard stamped image. :) Erika

Anonymous said...

gorgeous tag!!!
Greetings Elke

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous tag Chris, background looks fab edged and splattered with god.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How I love this tag. The postcard stamp is amazing. You turned this into an incredible piece of art, especially with those inks.

Evelyn Walter said...

Your tag is very lovely! I like the hint of gold on it.
Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Country View Challenges this month!

Marjut said...

So beautiful tag.

sarascloset said...

Be still, my heart!!! Chris, this is the most beautiful tag! I love that watercolored postcard and your splatters of gold give such an elegant touch to this vintage make! LOVE! While I'm here I will thank you for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs!

Rita said...

Always so pretty. I love your style. :)

Annie said...

Thank you for sharing with us at AVJ Chris x totally love your stunning tag and all the beautiful watercolours. Great to have you on board with us this month
huge hugs
Annie
xx

PiaRom said...

OMG so sweet and all those 3D effects! The gold framing is such an eyecatcher too! ♥ Conny http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

Zue said...

Very pretty, Chris.
X

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Stunning!

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely lovely - the colours in the background are so pretty, and your vintage postcard is delightful.
Alison x

Sue said...

This is so pretty, I love the postcard element and the splatters. Thank you so much for joining in with our colour challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a fun weekend. Sue xx

Corrie Herriman said...

Nice tag. Thanks for participating in my challenge over at Country View Challenges this week ! Corrie x

Sandy said...

Chris, this is one of the prettiest tags I have ever in my life seen!
I love it!!!
sandy xx

Julia Aston said...

Love the blue mix you achieved on your tag as well as all the wonderful splatters and edges of gold Chris! Your watercolored stamping is really lovely on top of the tag. thanks so much for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx