Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 26 August 2017

Happy Birthday little Miss Rainbow

I couldn't help but be impressed with my friend Sarah's experiments with Distress oxides on the Paper Artsy Blog this week! 
I really couldn't let this chance to use her technique with Distress Oxides!
It just so happens that my GD has a birthday today and the rainbow card I made fits her name perfectly!

I used water colour paper and swiped the pads across the paper in rainbow sequence before spritzing and using a heat gun as Sarah had suggested.  I was so pleased with the way the colours blended together.
I used some random background stamps and stamped the Hot Picks  HP1602 moth/butterfly onto the paper and then added another stamped onto some spritzed Distress oxide using Fade Jeans and Wilted Violet.
A JOFY sentiment and used two stamps to make a rather disjointed Granddaughter! (the word not MY Granddaughter!)

I would like to enter in the 

Hybrid Inks (topic 12)challenge at Paper Artsy
and
That's Crafty - Only Cards challenge
  
Thanks for looking, Chris

19 comments:

Helen said...

I love your rainbow card!

Anonymous said...

***wonderful card ***
greetings elke

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous card Chris. Love the rainbow. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours! Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic card -wow!

Redanne said...

The rainbow colours look so beautiful on your card Chris and the butterfly is such a lovely addition! Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful rainbow card and I didn't know you could create this finish with Distress Oxides - stunning! Wishing your GD a very Happy Birthday too 😊. Happy Sunday! J 😊

Rita said...

Really turned out nicely!
One of these days I am going to buy some distress oxides. ;)

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous rainbow. If I was your granddaughter I'd frame this!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, you inspired me to that this for some family cards too. Thanks x

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful card!!!

Etsuko said...

Beautiful rainbow color card. xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Fabulous background, super card a really beautiful creation. Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with the That's Crafty Challenge.
Best Wishes Tracey.

Joan said...

A lovely card, love the rainbow effect

Sarah B said...

love it - very cheerful x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely - I bet this went down a treat.
Alison x

geezercrafter said...

Love how your colours have merged together.

Jackie PN said...

Chris! This is gorgeous! The color meld is out of this world!!
Jackie ")

Craftyfield said...

I love the background, it's a brilliant card Chris!