Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Trying to Stitch!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Stitch It'….Oh! I had such plans for this - my sewing machine that had been covered for a while, and had a mountain of papers on top too, was finally unveiled and just to be sure I could remember how to use it I made some attempts to practice…then suddenly…it jammed! Now at this time we were getting ready to go away (see my TSFT post before this one) so I had no time to get a screwdriver out to find out what had happened so it was onwards with some hand sewing! 
Even then I didn't get it finished so what you will see on the TIOT blog is just this decorative part.
 
Please do take a look at what my teamies have been doing because they are definitely worth a look.
As for mine…..well, I am going to use it so I am not ashamed of it, but it wasn't what I planned!
I wasn't going to show you the state of my phone but it is quite tatty and you will see why I needed a new case.

I just hooked these scraps from a bag on top of my sewing box. The woollen piece for the case came from a mixed bag I bought at Woolfest last year. The seam is hidden by the panel and I added more blanket stitch to close the bottom of the case.

This challenge will run for two weeks - closing on the 11th September - Oh My! Where has the year gone again?

Thanks for looking, Chris


19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, makes a great phone case. I need a new one, too, mine has disintegrated. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

i like the grungy stitching. It gives it such great texture.

froebelsternchen said...

The stitching is so beautiful and makes a fantastic texture - lovely details - it makes a wonderful new cell phone case Chris!
A fab project!
Happy TIOT!

Meggymay said...

Your stitched panel looks beautiful Chis and makes a fantastic tactile cover for your phone.
It was a great post to read including your troubles with the sewing machine.
Yvonne xx

Lula said...

Never mind Chris, your piece is a great take on our theme! I love hand stitching! Hugs!

Rosie said...

Just wonderful

Mrs.B said...

A lovely panel Chris and it makes a lovely phone case.
Hope you get the sewing machine fixed.
Avril xx

Helen said...

what a great idea! i've just got a new phone, perhaps I should attempt something similar!

kathyinozarks said...

I love this very pretty

sheila 77 said...

I rather like this, Chris. It's arty sewing!
And I think the phone likes it too.

Margik said...

Love the creative cover for your phone, Chris! It's a fantastic idea!
Mar xx



Zue said...

Lovely to make something useful and the hand stitching looks great!
Xxx

Marjut said...

So lovely Project!

Anonymous said...

o wonderful, fantasic this project phono!!!
greetings Elke

Joan said...

A fab case for your phone, I have lots of scrap fabrics including a bag full of felt, may have to steal your idea !



Joan

Cath Wilson said...

Just beautiful... functional and pretty!

craftytrog said...

A wonderful phone case Chris! I love it!
Alison xxx

Words and Pictures said...

I'm afraid that's what ALWAYS happens when I sit down at a sewing machine! But I'm so glad you persevered the old-fashioned way. Your decorative panel is so sweet - a lovely vintage patchwork feel to it - and what a lovely new case for your phone.
Alison x

UplayOnline said...

i like the grungy stitching. It gives it such great texture.


ทางบ้าน