Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 18 August 2017

Just tagging along

I have been trying to have a bit of a clear out of 'stuff', not craft related things - they are all useful of course!
 Mainly it has been sorting through old bits of paper work and my wardrobe so far, and lots of shredding and carrying bags down to the charity shop!

It hasn't left much time for crafting BUT I can still carry on with the sort out - this time with my scraps for Tag Tuesday's theme - 'Use your Scraps'.
This tag was made with a little magazine image I have had for a while of Eleanor of Aquitaine. Those of you that know me must also know that I have loved her story for several years! I have already visited several places with connections to her and this year hope to continue in France.
The tag is from one of my gelli print experiments! A bit of random paint-dipped die cut trellis along with scraps (and a bit of under paper) that were in one on my bags! The green fabric and tassels were from a scarf that was destined for the charity shop. I added some random stamped dots and some lace cut from another piece and left on my desk!


Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Helen said...

Great tag, Chris and good on you for your sort out... I have booked a week off in mid September, hoping I can force myself to do something similar!!

Unknown said...

I've just spent the afternoon sorting with my daughters. I do not cope well at all with it, find it very overwhelming and stressful but feel better when I can see result. Anyway love your tag! Its brilliant! X

chrissie said...

What a good girl to be sorting things out

Even better that you found something to make this Beautiful Tag

Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, and I - that was the whole point of this theme! Thanks for making such a lovely tag for TT, hugs, Valerie'm glad you got some bits and bobs sorted out

My name is Erika. said...

I really love that tag with the Eleanor image. I really like those medieval images, and I don't know much about those powerful woman, just a bit, but she is certainly someone I would love to learn about one of these days.

craftytrog said...

I love your tag Chris! Lovely layers and details! Xxx

Rita said...

Pretty tag. I think it feels great to do some purging and clearing out of things you don't need. Enjoy!! :)

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, I really love this one. I'm another Eleanor fan, and her portrait is a wonderful focal point for your tag. I love the colours, and the soft, chalky look of the background. The fabric scraps and frayed braid are perfect - a real joy.
Alison x