Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 13 October 2020

T Stands For.....two outings

 Last week went by so quickly for us, we had some repairs done - no more fog horn noise when we turned on the bathroom tap and no leaks from the kitchen tap - seems they were related!!

The hole in the bathroom sorted too, by my eldest son, who has just come out of quarantine after returning from France. It was so good to see him, better than getting the hole fixed!!

We had a couple of outings last week too.

I showed a few photos of Dunham in a previous post.

It was a lovely warm morning, some sun, a few clouds and fabulous colours around the Winter Garden







Hubby caught me about to cross the narrow bridge where I took the previous shot.
I stood in front of these windows...
...so that I could show you the long view that the owners would have seen from one of their entertaining rooms.






After we had walked around the formal gardens we looked across and spotted that the field just outside the walls had turned into a lake
Worth investigating we thought so past the little moat...
...and down the slope to see over the wall..


Hubbies close up - you can see that the water isn't very deep here
This is the same field where we saw cows grazing in August
The crows near the cottages were very noisy
As I told you, five minutes later it was pouring with rain!

Now for my T Stands for Tuesday drink reference.

On Thursday we decided to use one of our 'buy one get one free' meals at the garden centre.


We both chose fish 'finger' brioches with a side salad, delicious, but no room for a coffee and dessert. As usual we had water with our meal.
Don't tell hubby, but I think I took a bit too much off his hair!!!

I will get to visit when I can. We have a dentist appointments on Thursday, and it is my friend's funeral on Friday!

Thanks for looking, Chris






19 comments:

Helen said...

What beautiful photos! I love the one of you about to cross the bridge, those trees are so wonderful in their autumn plumage! Great to see you were able to see your son.

My name is Erika. said...

Your walks are so inspiring Chris. You must live near about a thousand beautiful gardens. As usual, I much enjoyed your photos. And your lunch looks good too. I haven't hd fried fish in quite some time. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time on your outings! The autumnal colours of the leaves looks amazing and as always I love the views that you capture in your photos 😁. So lovely to see your hubby smiley face and those sandwiches look delicious! Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You know how much I love your walks through those two gardens. It also shows how the leaves are starting to turn in your area, too. Lovely photos and I agree the one of you crossing the bridge is great, but so is the one you took in front of the windows. What a view that would have been.

LOVED seeing you were brave enough to eat inside a restaurant. No one here is that brave. Your meals look great and now I'm really, really hungry. Thanks for sharing your two walks and your fish fingers and salad as well as your waters with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris. I thought you did a good job with the haircut. Remember, it will grow. It's not like paper or fabric!!

Linda Kunsman said...

You have captured the beautiful gardens splendidly Chris- gorgeous views and angles!! Of course I love that building as well. And your lunch sounds delightful to me. happy T day!

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful photos Chris-I really enjoyed them.
Lunch sounds wonderful and so nice you could meet up with family again.
Happy T wishes Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Such beautiful Autumn photos. I love Fall colors reflected in water. That’s some view from the balcony And that must have been some storm to flood the field. 😱 Fish fingers sounds so much more fun than fish sticks.Take care

Kate Yetter said...

So glad that you have your son back and that you have fixed your leaky faucets.
Your photos are beautiful. What an amazing and peaceful place to visit.
The food looks delicious. I have never been to a garden center that serves food. Yours looks so bright and airy.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Gerrina said...

Great how you take us on your walk! And what a walk; beautiful photo's and landscape! Hugs, Gerrina

craftytrog said...

Mmmmm! Those fish finger brioches look so tasty Chris.
I love seeing photos of your outings, such lovely pics! We get out early morning for a long walk every day, but have only used our NT membership once this year.
Alison xx

Rita said...

What a lovely, lovely spot to wander!!
I always love going along. :)

DVArtist said...

Wow these are beautiful photos. What a wonderful place thanks for taking us along. Hmmmm love your snacky treats too. Enjoy your day.

R's Rue said...

Beautif

Eileen Bergen said...

My you've had an event filled week. iLMS glad a lot got sorted out and you got to see your son.

Beautiful fall foliage. Your lunch looks yummy. Mum's the word, but hubby's hair will grow back.

Happy T-Day. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen

Karen said...

Beautiful outing and your sandwich looks delicious. ~ Blessings to you!

Iris Flavia said...

The lake is beautiful. I´ve never had fish fingers like that. Unusual to me. Good luck with the dentist and I wish you strength for tomorrow...

sheila 77 said...

That was a lovely trip through the gardens. I always like to see the geese whether in the air (that is always special) or on the ground.
I won't tell hubby about his hair if I happen to see him.

Sharon Madson said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous photos. We just had one of those buy one meal get one free.
The best! Happy T Day!