Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 20 October 2020

T Stands for Taking a short walk

 Hi everyone, I actually have another journal page before I take you off on walk.

It is for my 'Hold The Line' theme at Art Journal Journey

I used an acrylic block as a 'stamp' by adding some Distress Oxide ink  and then spritzing it with water and pressing it onto my page
Once it was dry I used an Aall and Create stencil as another stamp using the same method! 
The girl flying through the air originally had a balloon but I took it off her and extended her rope!
The stars were from the same A and C set by Olga Heldwein, the globe and telephone are by Bipasha.
Snarky words by Tim Holtz.

Last Friday after my friend's funeral we headed to Fletcher Moss.
First we went into the Parsonage Gardens.







For some reason blogger as decided to reorder these photos but I don't suppose it matters...
From here we went down the hill and into the gates of Fletcher Moss

We just looked through the gate at the rose garden.

It was 12.30 and we were ready for a coffee so I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at The Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday

This is the back of the cafe, which isn't open at the moment.
As you know there are mobile wagons now and on Friday we noticed that they are now going to serve hot snacks.
We both had Cappuccinos and shared a flapjack

As we walked away I turned round to take a photo of where we had been sitting.
The gardens really are beautiful at this time of year.



The palms are looking good and can you see those huge pine cones?


We headed down to a lower level







The plants in the pond are dying off and you can see more of the water


We came out of this gate and back onto the path back to the road

Some birch trees have been chopped down - I wonder why?

We walked around mostly in silence, there weren't many folk around and it seemed right considering the day.

I hope you enjoyed this reflective walk.
 
Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

Karen said...

Wow ~ I would love to have space to see such beauty and not a lot of people about. The colors of the leaves are beautiful, especially the reds. Your page is clever for the theme, and I love the sentiment. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Helen said...

You got some beautiful photos, what stunning colours on the trees; a really lovely place to wander after the sadness of the funeral.

Viv said...

Planned a trip but now unlikely sadly. Missing Tarn Hows too and the gorgeous Acers there are at Sizergh but as we've been given the 'no travel' "guidance" seems I will just have to look out at the fields at the back!
Your page is a great reflection of what is happening Chris. Take Care!

Linda Kunsman said...

what a fun journal page- super images! Funerals are always difficult. I do hope your walks along the beautiful gardens was a bit helpful and healing for you. Happy T day!

Let's Art Journal said...

That's a fabulous page! The zip lining stamp looks such fun and made me smile 😀. Wow, the autumnal colours on your walk are amazing, I love autumn and this looks like a fabulous place to visit! Sorry I'm so late visiting, it's my hubby's birthday today - Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

DVArtist said...

Sorry about your friend. The photos are just gorgeous. It looks like a nice peaceful place. Enjoy your evening.

Kate Yetter said...

WOw! These gardens are beautiful and so full of color. I loved seeing all the Japanese maples. Reflective sounds like the perfect word to describe this garden. Wish I could visit.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Mae Travels said...

My condolences for the loss of your friend. I'm happy for you that it was possible to attend the funeral, as so many this year have been unable to do. Your walk in the colorful landscape is beautiful.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I did enjoy " my walk" today. It must have been very peaceful and healing to walk there after the memorial service. It is beautiful. And a little picnic is always nice. I also love your journal page. It's perfect for you challenge, which I am enjoying. Hope it was a wonderful T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Last night before I was going to leave a message, I got up to get coffee. When I did, I must have hit my computer screen because when I got back, my screen was black. I even rebooted and tried the little lights that adjust the screen. I was sick about it, but waited until today when I could see better what was going on. I finally found I had accidentally unplugged one of the cords that hooks the screen to the hard drive box. I am so glad I didn't need a new computer screen. And now I'm playing catch up.

Your journal page is darling. I had to laugh at the girl because great minds run together. I don't have a girl, but I have plans for a few balloons in the offing. If and when I ever catch up, that is. I really like your page and it is really clever and relevant for your theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

I always love the photos from Fletcher Moss. The Parsonage Gardens are incredible. Your photos show all the changing leaves, too. The cut out areas inside the grass remind me of Kew. The area behind the rose garden trellis is so bright and colorful, too.

You really shared some incredible photos, Chris. They are beautiful and I like that you called it a reflective walk, especially after the funeral.

I enjoyed seeing the cappuccinos your two had, but am a bit confused by "flapjack." In the states, a flapjack is another term for pancake. That looks NOTHING like a pancake (grin). Thanks for taking us on this incredible journey through Fletcher Moss and your drinks and flapjack with us for T this Tuesday. At least it's still Tuesday in my world, dear. Sorry I'm here so late, but I look at every photo and you shared loads of them.

Sharon Madson said...

Love your journal page. It made me smile. Gorgeous photos, too. You always post a lovely T Day post. Happy T Day!

Iris Flavia said...

A good way to say good-bye, it´s beautiful.

kathyinozarks said...

Oh Wow the gardens are so beautiful-had me smiling with all off those pretty colors. and hot snacks is a wonderful idea.
Love your journal page as well Happy T and have a good rest of the week-hugs Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

The gardens are just beautiful and what a lovely spot to stop and reflect on your friend. Happy T Day

Meggymay said...

Its a wonderful journal page for your theme Chris and the snarky comment made me grin. Super photos from your walk, the colours looked beautiful.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Thank you so much for getting me out of the apartment once again for a beautiful, meandering walk with you two. :)

Lisca said...

What a beautiful garden! And such lovely autumn colours! Stunning!
I like your art journal page. Especially Pipi Longstocking flying through the air.
Sorry for the late comment,
Have a good week,
Hugs,
Lisca

Eileen Bergen said...

Great page, Chris, but I'm trying to figure out that stamp. It certainly is different.

The turning and falling leaves at Fletcher Moss are lovely. Aren't you glad you don't have to rake them? Well I'll be - all my life I thought flapjacks were pancakes. I learned something new today.

The photos are just beautiful. A peaceful reflective walk seems like just the right thing for after a funeral.

Happy T-Day. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen