Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 29 October 2020

Joy...

Hi everyone, I'm only here for a short post today to show you my latest page for Art Journal Journey and my Hold the Line theme 

I've been a bit down - nothing I could put my finger on - poor hubby kept getting snapped at and he did his best to cheer me up.

  
I turned to some new stamps by Tracey Easson - Angels of Love and Light.
I started with Paper Artsy Infusions powders - I really wasn't in the mood for bright colours.I used them to colour the beautiful angel too.
Some lines were added with the edge of a credit card. It was a drab old world for this lovely being.
I added a silvery moon and some words, even some sparkle with some Stickles but it just wasn't right...I left her on my desk.
The next day I added some blue stamping from a small set of Tracey's, as you can see it made a big difference - a brighter day for the photo may have helped too!
Below I have done a closer look at the sparkle!

I'm pleased to say that, even though we have rain today, my mood has lifted... as Abba once sang 'I believe in angels'

I'll be back with something brighter soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris


11 comments:

Neet said...

Oh this is not the Chris that I know. You are always laughing and smiling whenever we meet. I do hope you snap out of it soon.
These are lovely Angel stamps aren't they, I love Tracy's faces, always so wistful and pretty.
Yes, the bits of blue do lift the whole page but it is an evocative one anyhow. And you were doing the things that fill you with joy by creating in your journal.
Hugs, Neet xx

Helen said...

I know several people who have been feeling down, some for good reason others not (lol) I hope you feel more like you soon. xx great page

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I'm still toying with the idea of buying these stamps. She looks lovely. Sorry you've had a down day or two. I think most people who are under restrictions are a bit down - definite covid weariness! Things will get better soon! I've missed Port Sunny and I bet you have, too... meeting up with people is one thing I really miss.
Love the way you incorporated all those lines, too :-) Clever!
Stay well and safe, Chris.
Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

Isn't aRt is wonderful for those downer moments? Did it help you feel better? I hope it worked at least. You made a great page and used some great lines. I do hope your spirits improve also. Keep looking for joy in the little things. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was down until I was able to get my electricity back on, and now I'm just trying to play catch up. This turned out great, Chris. I can see by adding the bit of blue, it lifted it to a different level. Thanks for another inspiring example of your theme at Art Journal Journey, dear. Hope all is sunny and bright in your world now.

Iris Flavia said...

She is wonderful, such a pretty face and I think it is OK to be down sometimes, it´s just natural and the more you can enjoy a good mood later. As your Hubby!
Oh, wee, now I have an earworm!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really sorry to read you have been feeling down Chris, it's so difficult for so many of us at the moment bit we always have our art to life our spirits and take our mind off those grey days even if only for an hour or two. Beautiful page, Tracy's stamps always make me happy, her windswept hair makes me think she's unsure which way to turn.. such is life. Stay safe lovely..
Hugs Tracey xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

P.S sorry about my typo's my keyboard seems to have a life of it's own today :/

Rita said...

I had gradually gotten really down over time during the pandemic and with all the political craziness here. I couldn't put my finger on it either. I've been feeling better again. Art and angels and creative play looks like it would work magic on a droopy heart. ;)

Trillian As said...

It is a wonderful page even if you started it in a bad mood. Nice to read that your mood lifted after a while.

Eileen Bergen said...

Beautiful stamps. You did a great job of sparking the page up despite your mood.

They say these feelings are to be expected given what we're going through with the pandemic. But it's still awful to feel that way. I was on the verge of tears yesterday morning - for no good reason - duh. I've come around a bit - like you. Now I just feel tired. This too shall pass. And I believe in angels - that helps.

Hugs, Eileen