Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 1 October 2020

Could you please 'Hold The Line'?

Hi everyone, I am beyond excited today to tell you that I have joined the Art Journal Journey team,as you know I have often shared pages there and also hosted occasionally. 

I started my blog in November 2010, encouraged by crafting friends to do so, since then I have made many friends in 'Blogland' and although I went through many ways of being known as either 'Caravan Chris' or 'Gesso Chris' (yes there is a tale behind that name!)but began to be called 'Pearshapedchris' when attending craft shows and it just stuck!

I just so happen to be here this month with my chosen theme of 'Hold the Line'

I have started the month literally with a phone reference but as you will soon see there are many ways of getting lines into your pages. 

As Paul Klee said - 'A line is a dot that went for a walk'

I used my big Dylusions journal for this page and lots of Aall and Create stamps and stencils along with some of Seth Apter's stencils.
The image in the bottom corner is my favourite telephone stamp by Crafty Individuals. 
The embossing powder didn't like the encyclopaedia paper I used!

To add some colour and texture I added some of the details by stamping onto coloured paper or by using gold embossing powder! 

I really hope you will join me with your version of 'Hold The Line' this month, I look forward to seeing your pages.

Thanks for looking, Chris

 

16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely fabulous, Chris. I am so impressed with all the techniques, stencils, and stamps you used. This is a great incentive and a wonderful inspiration for many of us at Art Journal Journey. I like the idea Klee had of a dot going for a walk. I'm going to enjoy your theme this month, dear.

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Many congratulations Chris. You’ll be a great asset to the team and I’m thrilled for you x

Helen said...

great page, Chris and congratulations! Klee's thought made me chuckle.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page Chris, enjoy your month! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Congratulations Chris and I'm happy that you are on the team. Your journal page has become fabulous, I like how you put it together.
I've known you shcon for so long and I'm always happy to see your blog and hear from you. Your art work is always great but you can also take part in your private life.
I hope you enjoy hosting this month, hug Elke

Meggymay said...

Hi Chris a fantastic inspiration page for your theme at AJJ and its good to have you join us on the team. I am looking forward to seeing how folk interpret the theme this month.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Your page is fabulous Chris. I love all the lines! It is certainly a great inspiration to start the month. I'm looking forward to it! Hugs-Erika

ashok said...

This is fun!

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Chris, I love your new theme. And congratulations on joining the team at AJJ.
Happy October!
Alison xx

Eileen Bergen said...

Great page and theme, Chris. Congratulations on joining the AJJ team! Hugs, Eileen

Mrs.B said...

Congratulation on joining AJJ and this is a fabulous page and a great theme.
Avril xx

Rita said...

Great page! I love that about the line is a dot going for a walk! :)

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your theme and your page Chris. Thanks for visiting me (EOTC) and I came over to return the favour. btw there is a huge image blocking part of your page, I think it's coming from the sidebar (Hermine's Place?) so I can't see most of your post. Elle xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely to see your creativity join the marvellous AJJ team Chris, what a super theme to start the ball rolling. I'm finding my eyes on the look out tracing those lines. A dot certainly is a line that went for a walk..
Have fun this October & stay safe & creative Tracey xx

Empire of the Cat said...

So glad to see this post now and all the images. Really love your AJ page, the colours and that phone stamp is so cool. I'm hoping to get another page done with your lines theme later in the month Elle xx

Words and Pictures said...

As you know, I really love this page - it has so many intricate details to spend time poring over - it's busy and exciting and full of buzz, but the green keeps you on an even keel. Great that you are now helping to run things over at AJJ... I'm sure you'll keep us all in line (hmmm... look how that worked out!). Hope to be along to play soon.
Alison x