Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 22 October 2020

Brightening up!

 Hi Everyone, I made a journal page yesterday. It was grey all day, mostly with rain too. I wanted to make something bright, and was influenced by another artist. Well, actually I had already cut some black paper lines with something like this in mind but they have been on my desk since the start of October when I first posted for my theme 'Hold The Line ' at Art Journal Journey. It was only yesterday when I needed a bit of bright fun that I had the idea of what I wanted to do.

I used watercolour paint to colour in the blocks and I do hope you recognise the influence of Piet Mondrian.

The Aall and Create figures by Janet Klein fit in well for a little bit of whimsy and made me smile!

The quote is from a Visual Image set.

Guess what? The sun is shining today. We are planning a walk after lunch. This is our last week before the clocks go back for the Winter and the days get shorter for while. 

That was funny,'shorter' came up on predictive text as'shoe retire'!! Just something else to brighten my day - I suppose it will be!!

Thanks for looking, Chris 


8 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Adding these little folks to your block color page is brilliant Chris. I do like this. We had rain yesterday also, and I spent a lot of time making art. We still have one more week before the clocks change so I guess we are a week later than you. Then the days will be so short and only getting shorter. Enjoy the sun while you can. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

It's fabulous Chris! xx

Iris Flavia said...

Love the girls in sharing the color, so good to see - grey, grey, greyhere.
Ugh, winter-time... not a fan.

Rita said...

The little girls are fun. Love the bright colors. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I almost started a Piet Mondrian inspired art piece. However, I haven't had the time to do so, and since I've now seen yours, I love it so much, I know mine could never compare. Those little kids are so adorable and I love, love, love them and this great page you created for your theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun saying and design - love it! Those stamped images look super cute 😁. Happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

What for fun this Jorunalpage with the little girl! The great saying!
Have a happy weekend, hug Elke

Zoechaos said...

Mondrian Colour blocking is so striking and it is such a great base for so many creative endeavours. I love how you used it here with this wonderful piece. x