Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 28 July 2014

What did I choose for 'H'?

The challenge this time at Dragons Dream is the letter H and brown. For me there was an 'H' that came to mind straight away - Hydrangea - you know how the Hydrangea flowers turn papery and brown and stay there all winter - you are only supposed to cut them off in the Spring. I thought I had a Hydrangea stamp but when I looked it was this one - stamped here in my journal -waiting for me to finish the page now.
I don't know what this plant is but it definitely is not a Hydrangea….but….here are my hydrangeas in our caravan garden.

Here is my tag, using masks made with post-it notes…..
….Hydrangea bushes stamped with Adirondak Caramel, the background and the H stamped with Potting soil archival. I added little Hydrangea flowers with sparkle of stickles at their centres - I know the little flowers don't fall off so I hope you like this little diversion!

I am entering this in the Dragons Dream Tag it on challenge 171.

Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh Chris, this is a VERY clever way to think outside the box. And of course, I loved your photos of the hydrangeas in your garden. I see you have some that are mixed. I read somewhere it has to do with the acidity of the soil, whether they bloom pink or blue. I don't remember which is which, but these are fantastic. Of course, so is your clever, clever tag!!

Helen said...

oh Chris, yes it's perfect!! your own hydrangeas look fabulous too! Thanks for dreaming with the Dragons at TIO again.

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful photographs Chris and a very creative tag.
Julie x

Sarah B said...

a beautiful tag Chris and wonderful hydrangeas in your garden xx

Redanne said...

I love your beautiful tag and the hydrangeas in your garden are gorgeous too! Anne x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous tag and wonderful photos, too. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

May said...

A gorgeous tag, Love your word choice it's just perfect...your photos are so beautiful... Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x

Words and Pictures said...

It must have been the perfect weather conditions for hydrangeas this year. I have some which have been absolutely magnificent - and they're only in pots! Yours look so beautiful in the garden. Love the page too, and whatever those flowers in the journal are, they're lovely, and the tag is wonderful too.
Alison xx