Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 8 July 2014

A journal cover for A Vintage Journey

Challenge 9 set by Nikki at A Vintage Journey is 'Use every stamp in a set'. No prizes for guessing which set I chose to make a cover for my journal!
Tim's Classics 1 set! 
I have been using this journal for a while but this was the cover -
I used a piece of paper from the mambi papers I bought at bargain price from TKMaxx some time ago. One of my favourite stencils - Latticework, diagonally across the page - various shades of brown and green distress inks, then stamped the words from the set randomly.
Next - my new favourite technique from Tim's June tag - blended water colour using stencils. For this I used the dot fade stencil and did three different backgrounds.
Once dry I stamped with Archival inks and tore around the edges and used Old Paper distress around the edges that I rolled up a bit. 
The dragonfly was also stamped onto a piece I had leftover from Tim's Tag, I painted the wings with a blue mica but it doesn't seem to show it here.
Finally I added chit chat words to echo the stamped words, stamped the pear colours onto a circle cut from leftovers, used a 'P' from Crowded Attic salvage sticker and some Remnant Rubs from the Elements set.

 I am linking to A vintage Journey.

Thanks for looking, Chris

7 comments:

Redanne said...

Your journal cover is beautiful now Chris, it is a wonderful stamp set and I love your stenciling in the background too. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Hugs, Anne xx

Almo said...

You have done a fantastic job of re-vamping your journal cover Chris, this is one of my favourite Timmy sets and all the stamped and coloured images look lovely against the lattice background. Mo x

Nikki Acton said...

A wonderful journal cover and adore your colouring of the images Chris. The stencilling you have added really enhances the work. Thanks for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey. Nikki x

Words and Pictures said...

A really enchanting page, Chris - the colours are so delicate and ethereal and I love all those torn edges. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison xx

Juliz Design Post said...

Love your journal pages they always look fantastic.
Julie x

Brenda Brown said...

That'a now a fabulous looking cover Chris, you did a great job with it. Thanks for sharing it with us at A Vintage Journey and well done for using all the stamps in a set, that was a real challenge. xx

Jenny Marples said...

Oh Chris what a fabulous journal cover! You've combined these disparate images perfectly here. LOVE it! Thank you so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x