Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 22 July 2014

My version of Fiona's flower

This is the flower for the post after this one. Lovely Fiona from Staring at the Sea showed a group of us at The WOYWW crop back in May. Her fab version is here!
My bright version is here.
I started with stamping the Stampendous flower onto some cheap watercolour paper that had been smooshed through some paint.
I cut them out then spritzed with a fine spray and crumpled them

The next stage is to pick the layers of paper apart - be patient or the paper may rip
Next I Spritzed and dabbed the inside edges in watered down paint




 I cut out some circles with a punch from some of the smooshed paper...

 I then pressed the circles onto the stamen part of the stamp
Finally I stamped some text on the middle layer and stuck on the stamens.


The version here is two stacked flowers.

I hope you like this!
Thanks for looking, Chris

2 comments:

Redanne said...

Such a great idea for a flower, I love the last one where two are stacked together. Love the scribbly flower stamp too! Anne xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Great flower Chris. Love the colours ♥♥

Hope everyone is well, especially your son. Have a great weekend, hugs Gez xxx