Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 11 July 2014

Dreaming with the Dragons 170

The challenge this time was an easy choice for me! Silvia picked "K" and "heart" for Dragons Dream Tag It On 170. My immediate thought was "Knight", but which Knight - Sir Lancelot of course! His love affair with Guinevere was their undoing, thanks to Arthur's nasty cousin Agravain!(I know it was adultery but it was true love too!)
I always mean to take photos along the way but on reflection perhaps it's just as well I didn't!

Briefly - Distress ink, PA Fresco paints on part of tag, Doily stencil on part of tag, Pearl glaze too! Then the stamping - my knight stamp, bought from a bargain box - stamped with clear embossing ink then brushed over with Mica powder - now you see him - now you don't! "Guinevere" (okay a Lynne Perrella maiden) stamped in grey, hiding behind the screen waiting for Lancelot. The words are straight from my Arthur book. Finishing touches - a distress edge stamp, tattered lace across the top with tied ribbon. The K stamped onto a piece of card. I have used the very top of a small Christmas tree punch to give a lacy edge. The heart on Lancelot's shield cut freehand from a piece of scrap.
Just to show you how it looks different when you move it here is another photo.

Linking to the Dragons Dream Tag it on challenge 170 - K and a heart

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Julie Lee said...

I always think that is such a sad story for all concerned. This is a beautiful, imaginative and unusual tag: I love that little glimpse of Guinevere behind the trellis. How perfect to put Knight and heart together. Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons this fortnight, Chris!

Words and Pictures said...

What a magical tag - the colours are so rich and full of mystery, and that fabulous sheen of the gilding which shimmers in and out of view - I love it! I agree with you and Julie Ann - it's such a rich, complex, messy, heartbreaking story and I think you've captured some of its eternal pull on us all in this beautiful tag.
Alison xx

Helen said...

oh, Chris, what a fabulous tag and a wonderful story to go with it! thank you for dreaming with the dragons again.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's an amazing take on this theme, fabulous colors and great shimmering. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag I On this fortnight.

Rika said...

Great tag, stunnig background with beautiful colors.

Redanne said...

Wonderful colours and gorgeous gilding, all telling such a sad (but wonderful) story about Lancelot and Guinevere . Anne xx

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Chris ( Dreamboater :) , this is a great challenge, I loooooove how you created this tag, it's magical, love how you made the knight, that is so kool, I love how you created the trim on the top and your background piece behind the K, what a unique creation, I just love it, I can't wait to try that tec, thanks for sharing this gorgeous unique tag, have a wonderful weekend ((( BIG HUGS ))) ...

ElizabethR said...

What a fabulous tag, I love anything King Arthur related. Thanks for sharing with us at the Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

May said...

Gorgeous tag, Love the choice...the background is fabulous...Love it.... Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x