Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 13 July 2014

Reverse Canvas

I've always loved looking at what Alison of Words and Pictures creates and will always aspire to make something half as good (believe me  - half as good would make me happy!) When I saw Alison's reverse canvas this week for Paper Artsy I just loved the colour combination she used. 
Now, I didn't have the Fresco colours she had so went for the next best thing (so I thought!) Cobalt Blue and Guacomole. I used a small canvas I'd had sitting on top of my shelf for a while and tried as far as I could to follow Alison's method. One thing I couldn't resist was trying my new crackle paste mixed with a little guacamole. I decide to use LPCO13 (the Hot Picks one has gone on to my never-ending list of "needs")stamped in grey but - alas and alack - the paint combo doesn't show through (another two colours for my list ha! ha!)So, ploughing on, don't have many metal embellishments (they are already on list!)so did the best I could with flowers and brads.

The flowers are just from my huge collection! Must use them more - there are loads - something with GD maybe?

Thanks so much for the inspiration Alison - I would never have thought of reversing the canvas by myself!!

I am linking this to Paper Artsy

Thanks for looking, off to the land of little or no connections so apologies now - comments on blogs may be very brief this week!

Chris

10 comments:

Helen said...

Chris this is delightful! Not sure if I'll get time to play along this week...

Craftyfield said...

The flowers are a good substitute to the metal embellishments, plus you're making an inroad in your stash... Love the crackle and the cobalt colour looks good to me!

Juliz Design Post said...

I think we are all the worst critics of our craft projects and this is where blogger helps in boosting our confidence. Your canvas is beautiful Chris and I certainly wouldn't think this is your first attempt at one and as for your crackles....superb. I still haven't mastered this. Until you order more metal embellishments double emboss your die cuts with a metallic powder and rub a little black stazon or paint on to finish for a faux metal look.
Hope your enjoying your weekend, Julie x

Lucy Edmondson said...

I think this has turned out beautifully! I'm a big fan of Alison too and I also want that set now!

Lucy x

Hazel Agnew said...

You did a great job with limited supplies. Lists are endless aren't they.

Darcy Marshall said...

This turned out so lovely, fab crackling and the flowers are a perfect substitute.

Words and Pictures said...

It's really pretty, Chris - I love the paler flowers in amongst the blues and greens, and that links to the paler background behind the tissue stamping. I did get my tissue paper quite wet with glue both under and over, so maybe that's what made the difference with the colour showing through - or maybe just the thickness of the paper? Anyway, I'm so happy you had fun playing along - and I love the result!
Alison xx

Ruth said...

Lovely blending to get such a variety of colours, very pretty canvas you've achieved.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow. This is gorgeous. You did a fantastic job with the products you had. I'm a big advocate of using what you have rather than what others have used. I LOVE this. Have a fun time in the land of no internet!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I thought Alison's reverse canvas was brilliant. I'm not even into that kind of art (paper on paper only for me) and it made me want to try it. I hardily applaud your fantastic job with this one. I love the colors, so yummy.