Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 5 July 2014

You knew I would!

Those of you that know me just knew that when I saw the beautiful projects by Liesbeth Fidder on the Paper Artsy blog I'd have to have a go!! I just adore Lynne Perrella stamps and Liesbeth's paint effect combined with the way she used the stamps was just amazing!

Although I have made some flowers using the paint effect I haven't used them here.

Here is what I did - a journal page - having made the base background from the mop up of paint on my mat after making the background for the lady flower!!



I cut up a Squiggle Ink phrase from Flora and Fauna 6 to express how I'm feeling right now - 'From this moment on……..'. I am hoping that life has turned a corner for the good, having just won some blog candy from lovely Alison and with other things going better too! I used a few different stamp sets to make this page - LPC004, LPC009, LPC011, LPC0013 and the teacup from LPC014. 

I have been back and to the TV today watching the first stage of the Tour de France (apart from an hour out to the 'village' to shop)I'm afraid I cried at the end!! The Yorkshire Dales provided a brilliant backdrop for the Tour! We are off a bit closer to home to watch it go through tomorrow with our grandchildren! 

Just before I go, can I just thank my followers (including new ones - Welcome!) for all your lovely supportive comments - they mean a lot to me! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Julie Lee said...

This is beautiful, Chris! I love the colours you chose and the whole layout of the page - and - yes, I thought that, like me, you wouldn't want to miss having a go at this one! Congrats on winning Alison's wonderful blog candy! I was really delighted when I saw it was you! Have lots and lots of fun with the lovely stash! Julie Ann xxx

Helen said...

I saw that you'd won Alison's candy - well done indeed! Your journal page is fabulous! I hope you enjoy tomorrow's stage of the tour. Poor Cav though. Thanks for your blog comment.

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Love your journal page, colour combo is perfect and like you enjoyed The Tour today x

Anonymous said...

The face within the flower head is beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Ruth said...

Love your take on Liesbeths canvas, and adore the colours used, reminds of Delft ware, absolutely beautiful! congrats on winning the candy as well!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Such a beautiful Journal page, Chris with calming colors and great composition.
I liked your work and happy to follow you on bloglovin.

Unknown said...

love your page, beautiful combo colors

Hazel Agnew said...

Beautiful colours, beautiful work. X

Dianne said...

WHOOT, WHOOT, I was so excited when I saw you won Alison blog candy, grrrrreat for you. you do wonderful things with them, I loooooooove your page, you took her idea and made it all your own really creative, thanks for sharing, hope you had a wonderful weekend and have a wonderful week..((( BIG HUGS )))

Darcy Marshall said...

Lovely flower lady.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

WOW, Chris, this is gorgeous. I'm totally impressed. This is a gorgeous page you created and I look forward to seeing the flowers, too.

I don't think we get the Tour de France here. We might get blurbs on the news, which of course, I don't watch. Thanks for letting me know, and I'm hoping for a few photos if you go (HINT!).

Lucy Edmondson said...

Your page is stunning, Chris!!! I love it,

Lucy x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was pleasantly surprised when I turned on the TV today and the Tour was on. You live in a truly lovely area. I was less interested in the bike race than I was in seeing the beautiful countryside, which they showed every so often. What got me was all the beautiful old brick and stone buildings along the way. It was almost a dream come true to see that simply majestic green countryside.

Artyjen said...

Gorgeous page....and YES the TV for once did justice to your gorgeous part of the country ;)
xoxo Sioux

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely pages - the cool blues are so gentle and your flower lady is delicious!
Alison xx