Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 20 July 2014

Kraft and Black…..and White!

Oh! I can't tell you how good it feels to be back at somewhere with an internet connection (even if at times it dips in and out temporarily). The comment at the bottom of my previous post was never truer! I did manage to get some access on my phone while in the car but even then, last Sunday - nothing!! My phone is on contract with a firm with a certain bearded man at its head - I will not be renewing my contract when it ends next month!!!

One thing I did see was Joanne Wardle's Kraft and black cards on the  Paper Artsy blog - stunning!!
So yesterday in between visits to different family members I made this…
I didn't get around to posting last night and I'm glad I didn't!
I had a few waking moments last night...so hot….and remembered something my good friend Sarah did with Kraft and White the other week (worth taking a look here!) After a walk along the river bank to fetch the papers this morning I came back and did this.
The stamps are some Claudine Helmuth ones I've had for ages! The paint PA Fresco - Little Black Dress and Snowflake.
It was good to try something new - stamping using paints - and I think I'll be doing it again!
Thing is though - black….or white?

Linking to Paper Artsy 

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Helen said...

Good to see you blog again, love your black (and white!) on Kraft - both are superb, and I can see why you did the white one too.

Anonymous said...

Love both of these Chris! xxx

Lucy Edmondson said...

Beautiful cards!

Lucy x

Lin said...

Both beautiful cards Chris xx

craftimamma said...

These are great Chris and I think both the black or white are equally as effective. I never realised how few solid stamps I have in my collection till I tried to do these cards.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Juliz Design Post said...

I can't pick Chris. Even though it's the same stamp used on both cards, they both have a totally different feel. Great work.
Julie x

Anonymous said...

I equally like the white and the black set against the Kraft, both having wonderful impact. Where would we be without Kraft, it seems to be perfect for so many styles and works with all colours.
Wishes
Lynne

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually like both equally. I've never worked with, or even seen kraft paper except in photos, but it impresses me immensely. I truly enjoyed both versions. Glad you made the second card, because I can see how the stamps look against the kraft in both black AND white.

Sarah Anderson said...

Lol, I actually prefer the black!! Fab stamp x