Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 14 May 2018

T Stands for....Tulips and the Opera Garnier!

Hi everyone, this is the post I started last week before the internet decided to stop working!
A lot of it has been deleted..and a lot more added!
  
I have used my new Tulip stamps from Carabelle Studios - I was so looking forward to using these stamps and I used a background already in my journal!
All I did was ink them and stamp them so that fitted the page! I doodled in the spaces!
Everything was coloured in using my Derwent Coloursoft pencils.The words were picked out randomly from a page from my King Arthur book.

I am joining in at Art Journal Journey with Jo's Flora and Fauna theme.

On our second full day in Paris we caught a metro to the Grand Magasins area in Paris. We have often enjoyed eating at Printemps one of the big stores, but to our dismay everything has changed and there is now a very confusing mix of little outlets and groceries  - some with big queues - and not much that appealed to us!

As we were in the area to visit Opera Garnier we headed in that direction and found somewhere to our liking with a great choice of salads - perfect for the unusually hot weather!
Of course it is here I am joining Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday!

I know Elizabeth will like these bottles!This time it really is Coke  Elizabeth ( I made a mistake the other week when I had  a Pepsi and called it Coke! Sorry E, and any other Coke drinkers!)
Hubby saying that he's not waiting! I had a goats cheese and sundried tomato salad - hubby had a traditional Niçoise.

Opera Garnier looks spectacular from the outside so we had high hopes about taking a tour - we opted for a self guided one as all the English language tours were fully booked and we didn't trust our French that much!
We didn't get a photo of outside so here is an internet one
The Opera was built by Charles Garnier under Napoleon III's orders.
Opulent doesn't begin to describe it! I don't think I will need many words here!










 Napoleon chose the spot for the opera to be in a line with the Louvre which you can see in the distance here.
The balcony was quite busy but once again very decorative!

 We spotted the cafe below....
...so headed down the grand staircase and found ourselves a seat!
More of those bottles......Hubby stuck to Coke and I had an Indian Tonic water, they came with complimentary olives - very nice!!

We are away at the moment so will get to you when I have a connection!

Thanks for looking, Chris


  

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun, fun post Chris. First, I simply adore the Floral and Fauna page you created for Art Journal Journey. It's a beauty, and I still contend you are the stamping queen. Thanks for sharing it, and I will link you to Art Journal Journey, but I can't seem to link you to my own blog for T. And I can't figure out why it's not working, either. I see someone else has added your blog post to AJJ, but it's all funny and out of shape.

Yes, I see this is Coke. No, I'm not one to drink either coke or pepsi, but I know some people get upset and correct you when you say one and mean the other. And I STILL love those bottles. And I think your salad looks fabulous, too.

So glad you enjoyed the beauty and opulence of the Opera Garnier. The gilding and decorative walls, columns, and ceilings are out of this world. It was great that you took your self guided tour. I hate to be rushed, so often don't follow a tour around. I prefer to go at my own pace, as I think you must have, too.

I have one comment about that cafe at the end of the post. Those are the longest and frilliest straws I have ever seen!

Thanks for sharing your art today, and thanks for taking us to Opera Garnier, as well as two restaurants for Cokes and salads, for T this Tuesday.

Linda Kunsman said...

Spring is surely blooming on your journal spread! Love your enthusiasm for using your stamps- i feel it too:) Both your salads sound divine to me! We always got a kick out of the bottled drinks around Europe. Many years ago we stayed in a hotel near the Opera Garnier but sadly did not get to see the inside before having to leave Paris after only a day and half. Next time- because it looks stunning!:) Thanks for sharing more of Paris, and happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

That salad looks delicious. And the Opera house is amazing. Wow-it is beautiful. I did not go there when I went to Paris, and yet I have seen it and heard of it online, so it is nice see actual photos of it. Loving the new tulip stamp too. :) happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page and photos. Happy T Day, Valerie

Helen said...

what a gorgeous, beautiful, building ! fabulous photos. thanks for sharing

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing post! It looks like you enjoyed using your new stamps 😁 ... your tulip pages are beautiful with the bright and cheerful colours and design! Such wonderful photos of Paris too, the Opera House architecture is stunning - I love it! I think you are spoiling me today with two entries for AJJ, thanks so much Chris! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! J 😊 x

kathyinozarks said...

What a fun filled post! I love your tulip page very much, I can see you will be using those tulips in more projects what a great stamp.
I think it is awesome that you are able to travel and visit so many places I have never been able to do that except when I was a child living at home.
Those salads look like a perfect meal. Happy T Day Hugs Kathy

froebelsternchen said...

Such wonderful tulip pages dear Chris! Amazing to see you at AJJ again - you are really the stamping queen!
And wow what anmazing photos from Paris! WOW!And those salad looks yummie! Happy T-Day Chris!
Hugs, Susi

jinxxxygirl said...

Coke and a salad . Perfect on a HOT day! I have never developed a taste for tonic water... I remember my mom used to drink seltzer water... didn't like that either..lol Your tulip page is gorgeous! You know me i love to doodle. :) Look forward to hearing from you Chris! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

Meggymay said...

I love your colourful tulip page Chris, it is a super new stamp you used.
The photos look fabulous as well, you got some super pictures inside the opera house.
Happy T day wishes and I hope you get your internet connection. We gave up trying last week in Yorkshire.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Wonderful photos, and your tulip page is beautiful Chris!
Happy T-Day,
Alison xx

Redanne said...

The tulips on your page are beautiful, so bright and cheery despite the raindrops!

Your trip photos are, as always, stunning, it was such a pleasure to see them all! Enjoy the rest of your trip! Hugs, Anne xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Very pretty spread, Chris. I love your doodles, your stamps and your background. Have you written a post about how you prepare backgrounds ahead of time? I know a lot of journalers do that and it seems to help them get going.

Opera Garnier looks spectacular outside and in!

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Dianne said...

love your journal spread...don't you love it when the pages come together smoothly?! truly lovely...and the photos of the opera house are breathtaking!! (there must be an army of housekeepers just to dust everything, those chandeliers!) of course the frescoes (or are they murals?) really caught my eye, and what a lot of gold! thanks for sharing, have a wonderful time away! (enjoying your Instagram feed too ;)

Kate Yetter said...

What a beautiful opera house. I think the picture of the costumes in the display case are my favorite. I love a magical costume full of jewels and lace.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, those tulips are really gorgeous - especially with the bright colours you've chosen - a fabulous page spread. And thank you for the tour of the opera house -it's a little Baroque for my tastes (I like monastic simplicity in my architecture) but I do love those costumes and the library particularly.
Alison x

Lisca said...

Those are indeed lovely tulip stamps! I think I have seen them before somewhere. You did a really good job.
Thank you for showing us Paris, and the garnier Opera. It is very baroque, which is not really my taste (I think it is OTT) but very beautifully made nevertheless. Someone mentioned the ballet costumes. I think I would have enjoyed seeing the costumes too. So interesting.
Have a great trip and stay safe,
A very belated happy T-Day,
Lisca