Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 2 May 2018

A second look on the 2nd and a little bit of steampunk!

Welcome to new follower Kate!

I very nearly didn't get here today - it has taken until a short while to sort something that happened this morning!
I was just reaching into my wardrobe when the whole rail collapsed! Hubby helped me lift everything out onto the bed and then went out!

We do have a handy man for hire here but there is often a waiting list! So...I rang my eldest son, who amazingly was doing a job just down the road, he never works here as he has enough work in his own town but he was doing someone a favour, so when he finished he came around and fixed my rail up - reinforced it too!

Now, I wasn't about to pass up on a chance to sort out my wardrobe and clear out some clothes - I still had clothes that were now two sizes too big!
Two bags were filled as I was only putting back clothes I will actually wear! There is much more space now and the rail isn't have to work overtime!

I am joining Bluebeard and Elizabeth to share a blog post (usually from around the same time of year for me)that you may not have seen!
I thought it might be fun to show you my calendar pages from two years ago - we had just been to Paris and not had a particularly good time, although we had enjoyed the company of our friends(my ex SIL and hubby)
      ----------------------------------------------------
             -----------------------------------
A little bit late I know, I have been a little busy and out and about too!
Here is my new May page
The circles are from two of Limor's Indigoblu sets. The bicycles are cut from one of the my Paperchase journals to give me an extra couple of pages
My April Page all filled in - what a month!!
At least now we're both back to our 'normal' selves!!
        -------------------------------------------------
                    ----------------------------
I will be posting this year's May and April tomorrow if you want to compare our trips!

Finally I have a tag for Tag Tuesday - Steampunk/Mechanical It isn't something that I often dabble in but I saw a couple of challenges that set me onto the steam punk road very nicely!
I used one of the gelli printed deli papers I made for Brigit Koopsen's 31day Gelli print challenge. I stamped with an Artistic Stamper gears background randomly and then added some copper embossing powder.An Indigoblu bulb, some clock workings(sorry, can't name the stamps's origin)and a few TH words. I edged the tag with a Stabilo Woody pencil then mounted the tag onto a slightly larger black tag.

Would like to enter at 
The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog - 'Backgrounds'
Simon Says Stamp Monday - 'Time Out'

Thanks for looking, Chris


17 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed seeing the second look of your art-and awesome that your son is a handy man too! great that you were able to clear out some space too-I so need to do that
Happy second on the 2nd hugs Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so far behind I may never catch up. I thought that was the year you met Patty, but I was wrong. Seems you go to Paris about this time every year, and I love the pages you create, especially those. I was reminded, I haven't shown my calendar pages for this month, and now I'm even MORE convinced yours always puts mine to shame. I totally adore this second look on the 2nd, and all the wonderful and not so wonderful memories it created.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Deleted cuss word. I forgot to tell you how much I LOVE that steampunk inspired tag. Awesomely awesome!

My name is Erika. said...

I guess that broken clothes rack was a blessing in disguise. It might have been a job but a good one to have done for sure! Nice second look at your calendar. I always enjoy seeing them. And I do like the steampunk tag too. Very cool! Happy May! Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

I've had exactly the same thing happen in my wardrobe but for now it is just hanging on, sagging badly - really must sort it out before the rail itself snaps!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear, that's nasty when wardrobes don't behave - glad you got it fixed. Your calendar pages are great, and I love the tag, just right for tag Tuesday. Thanks so much for joining us! Happy 2nd on the 2nd on the 3rd! Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Lucky you re the wardrobe malfunction - lucky that your son was able to fix it quickly for you.
Are you at Port Sunny this time?
Love the tag, I am a steampunk fan so this was perfect for me to drool over.
Hugs, Neet xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love how you turned problem into opportunity! I went through a closet purge a while back and still have too much in the closet. It's a challenge.

You really captured the steampunk vibe :)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love your April and May pages from two years ago, Chris. Next I have to check out this year's.

Getting rid of clothes that are two sizes too big is a good thing! Good too that your son is handy and could come same day and fix rail better than new. All in all, lemons turned to lemonade ;-)

Your steampunk tag is terrific!

Eileen

Sandra Wright. said...

I love your tag..love the images and the heat embossing..perfect for my theme and the challenge over at Tag Tuesday..
Thank you so much for joining us..x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I forgot to mention that I visited from Elizabeth's Second on the 2nd gathering.

Words and Pictures said...

Such lovely calendar pages, and your steampunk tag is a real treat - love that copper embossed texture throughout.
Alison x

Wilma Simmons (Empress Wu Designs) said...

Sounds as though you are well back on the track of having everything in working order now... And you Tag Tuesday tag is great - I particularly love the effect you created with the copper embossing.

Joan said...

Love your steampunk tag - such great details with all the gears and the lightbulb!!!

Sandra said...

Such a pretty page and love the fabulous tag, so much pretty details. Fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Deeeeelicous steampunk tag, gorgeous details, especially the copper embossing. Thank you so much for joining in the artistic stamper challenge.x

sarascloset said...

Chris, that is a full month! Congrats on getting rid of so many clothes that are two sizes too big! What an accomplishment in two ways! Your steampunk tag is delish! I love the copper embossing and those images! Hugs!